2024 NFL Draft Round 1 Discussion Thread (NO SPOILERS)

Just now, lavar703 said:

I think Keim said WR is pretty high up for them and they love Roman Wilson. I’ll say our picks in the 2nd are the OT from Yale and Roman Wilson. 

If we draft another Terry McLaurin mold receiver, I'm really going to question WTF we are doing. We need to go tall WR if we go WR.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Slappy Mc said:

If we draft another Terry McLaurin mold receiver, I'm really going to question WTF we are doing. We need to go tall WR if we go WR.

It’s the fit with the QB.

Jayden doesn’t like to throw contested balls, jump balls, anything into traffic. He wants to see it come open before he throws it.

A guy like Coleman who doesn’t separate and doesn’t win vertically just doesn’t really fit with Jayden. Mitchell is a better fit, in both respects, although there’s all this smoke out there about his football character.

Just now, naptownskinsfan said:

I mean, Cousins was Penix Jr a decade ago essentially.  He’s got no room to complain. 

I think Cousins was pretty unhappy then to play second fiddle to Rg3 if you recall.  

Anyways Penix will be 27 at the earliest they can cut Cousins.  Its super werid to draft a qb and sit him for multiple years who 1)isn't young 2)has a short shelf life because of a series of major injuries and 3)is supposed to be the most nfl ready.

This will be fascinating to watch.  

1 minute ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I mean, Cousins was Penix Jr a decade ago essentially.  He’s got no room to complain. 

I can tell you this, Penix will be a better teammate to Cousins than Cousins ever was to RGIII.

And in fairness, Kirk will probably be better to Penix than he was to RGIII also. He doesn’t seem quite as self-interested and cutthroat in his twilight. 

1 minute ago, e16bball said:

Jayden doesn’t like to throw contested balls, jump balls, anything into traffic. He wants to see it come open before he throws it.

This is not a fact. I'm sorry that is not something I agree with at all.

Just now, e16bball said:

It’s the fit with the QB.

A guy like Coleman who doesn’t separate and doesn’t win vertically just doesn’t really fit with Jayden. Mitchell is a better fit, in both respects, although there’s all this smoke out there about his football character.

I don’t buy all of that about Mitchell.  Not from what I saw in Georgia, but some stuff might have surfaced in Texas though.