2024 NFL Draft Day 2 Discussion Thread

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

He said Rosengarten and Jared Wiley in the second. So we'll see how it goes. He said if they don't go Wiley they like Cade Stover a lot as well. 

Wiley over Sinnott and Sanders would not make me happy. 

I gotta tell ya, I come away from last night feeling like we got the short end of the stick coming into the second round specifically as far as tackles go. However... Cooper Dejean if hes there at 36, I want.

Just now, TOUCAN said:

I gotta tell ya, I come away from last night feeling like we got the short end of the stick coming into the second round specifically as far as tackles go. However... Cooper Dejean if hes there at 36, I want.

I would have to think he’s the Bills pick to replace Poyer. 

• Like 1

Just now, TOUCAN said:

What do you think is more vital? Replacing Poyer or replacing Diggs?

Cooper DeJean is better than any receiver still left. Realistically they could deal for Aiyuk if they wanted. 

16 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Cooper DeJean is better than any receiver still left. Realistically they could deal for Aiyuk if they wanted. 

Just my opinion, I would rather draft a receiver than trade for one that wants to be paid top dollar. 

in A perfect world we could land Paul or Kiran with our first pick in the 3rd but it scares me to wait that long on tackle. I just don’t want to reach.

but with guys in the 2nd available right now it would be hard to pass on cooper dejean, koolaid, a few other top receivers, and edgerin cooper

1 minute ago, LoganF89 said:

in A perfect world we could land Paul or Kiran with our first pick in the 3rd but it scares me to wait that long on tackle. I just don’t want to reach.

but with guys in the 2nd available right now it would be hard to pass on cooper dejean, koolaid, a few other top receivers, and edgerin cooper

See I think Koolaid or Cooper is going to be the first pick for us here. We need to sure up the DB situation and this would give Dan a new toy to play with. Inevitably, I think we're going to end up with a tackle in the third. I think the third is going to be our money round this year (as it normally is)

Assuming no trades, Kool-Aid or DeJean at 36, Suamataia, Amegadjie, or Patrick Paul at 40 would be nice. OT and CB have to be top needs for us. However, I absolutely would flip either pick for a 2025 first rounder (and perhaps a 5th rounder) without much hesitation.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

LBer Jeremiah Trotter Jr. Is who I want!

We would go from sucking at LBer to elite in 1 off season.

So who are we also taking at linebacker to make that happen 😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

He said Rosengarten and Jared Wiley in the second. So we'll see how it goes. He said if they don't go Wiley they like Cade Stover a lot as well. 

I could live with Rose at 36. Take a year to develop and replace Wylie in late 2024 or the 2025 season. That would be fine to me. I don't like Wiley at 40 at all. Wayyyyy too much other talent still here. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I could live with Rose at 36. Take a year to develop and replace Wylie in late 2024 or the 2025 season. That would be fine to me. I don't like Wiley at 40 at all. Wayyyyy too much other talent still here. 

Same. Personally I just want to go with best available. I'm just not the worlds biggest fan of these tackles left except for Rosegarten and if he ends up going in the picks before us I hope we don't force it. I want Cooper DeJean or Kool-aid at 36. I just do not have any faith in BSJ or Forbes.