2024 NFL Draft Day 2 Discussion Thread

4 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I was listening to Kiper about him and he said he would probably have been a top 15 pick if he returned for his last season. 

Who the Hell is Mel Kiper anyway !!?? 🤣

• Like 2

I know Koolaid is a flashy name but idk if he fits into the zone concepts that we deploy. Now cooper can def play zone and tackle so he def fits the concepts and mold. One thing I know about this staff is if the CB can’t tackle they don’t fit

11 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

I know Koolaid is a flashy name but idk if he fits into the zone concepts that we deploy. Now cooper can def play zone and tackle so he def fits the concepts and mold. One thing I know about this staff is if the CB can’t tackle they don’t fit

Dan Quinn ran man-to-man in Dallas more than any other team. I don't think we should expect to be a zone defense. 

https://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/lists/jared-goff-dan-quinn-ben-johnson-daron-bland-lions-cowboys/

"If there’s one thing we know about the 2023 Dallas Cowboys, it’s that they love to play man coverage. This season, Dan Quinn’s defense has lined up in man on 40.3% of their defensive snaps, most in the NFL. "

33 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

If it were me, it would be McKinstry or DeJean at 36 although I don't see anyway DeJean is there.

True, but I didn't think there was any way he'd be at 33 either!

44 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

If it were me, it would be McKinstry or DeJean at 36 although I don't see anyway DeJean is there.

Why do we need DeJean? We took a guy in the 2nd round last year that does the exactly same thing. I’d take McKinstry over him.

46 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I was listening to Kiper about him and he said he would probably have been a top 15 pick if he returned for his last season. 

Perhaps if he’d become a totally different person.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Why do we need DeJean? We took a guy in the 2nd round last year that does the exactly same thing. I’d take McKinstry over him.

I do agree, DeJean fits better in a zone scheme and we need man 2 man guys, but you have to hopeKool aid can adapt (which I think he def can) 

Dejean or Mckinistry and Mitchell would be a dream scenario. It doesn't seem like the value there for tackles so unless we trade down I don't want to reach. We can overpay in FA for a stopgap and draft a tackle later and then in the first next year. I don't think we are in a position to draft on need that is something for the teams who need 1 more piece for a sb run to do.

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

Because DeJean is just a damn good player. 

Rosengarten and Jared Wiley would be Rivera level dysfunction. We could play it safe by taking Kingsley Suama. & Cooper Bebee. Low risk and would really help the left side of our O-Line. Then gamble on position players in the third round and later. That makes probably the most sense to me.