2024 NFL Draft Day 2 Discussion Thread

2 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Welp that's what's happening lol. None of these dudes left are better than what we have. Its truly unbelievable they're doing this but god knows we needed a DT. 

I don't think anyone at that pick was going to start over Wylie or Lucas. These guys are not pro-ready players, which is why the league basically boycotted the position for almost the entire 2nd round.

I'm totally with you on the issue of being shocked that they're fine with this situation. But it was very evident a good while ago that the draft was not going to be an answer at that position unless they did a big trade-up.

1 minute ago, e16bball said:

I don't think anyone at that pick was going to start over Wylie or Lucas. These guys are not pro-ready players, which is why the league basically boycotted the position for almost the entire 2nd round.

I'm totally with you on the issue of being shocked that they're fine with this situation. But it was very evident a good while ago that the draft was not going to be an answer at that position unless they did a big trade-up.

Its just me being bitter over taking another DT with a high pick. 

Watching the IG post, the Newton pick definitely feels like a “holy **** our 17th ranked player is still there let’s take him” thing. They had no idea he’d be there and were shocked. 

• Like 1

Just now, MikeT14 said:

Watching the IG post, the Newton pick definitely feels like a “holy **** our 17th ranked player is still there let’s take him” thing. They had no idea he’d be there and were shocked. 

I mean, he's very good. His hands are incredible and his explosion is crazy but its just a weird pick when you have so much committed. 

7 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952gf8vizk191wqtleyj5i 

8 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

What a kick in the nuts. That Newton pick was just stupid. You can't convince me otherwise. The player is great, the pick made no sense. 

So when we deploy different looks with fresh diverse attacks and we dominate inside because it’s from creative packages and are constantly enforcing and changing the LOS you won’t think it makes sense? Interior pressure and impact is the most disruptive to offensive production down in and down out. Yes edges make splashes but interior pressure make waves