2024 NFL Draft: Day 1 Discussion

1 minute ago, Wundy said:

How mad are we going to be if we stick at 11 and take Nix....

While Nix isnt my preferred guy, if the coaching staff feels Nix is THE guy, then I'm good with it. At this point I'd rather they had some real "conviction" about who they pick than just feeling like Nix/McCarthy/Penix are all about the same and waiting until 23 to get whomever falls to them. I'd hope they have a strong sense of who they like and who they believe can be THAT dude.

To be clear I like both Penix and McCarthy better, but I've seen enough from Nix to think he's got a shot to be a legit top 10 QB in the NFL (not that I'm expecting it, just saying the "tools" are there potentially speaking).

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Wundy said:

How mad are we going to be if we stick at 11 and take Nix....

I don't know much about Nix, but I would be on board. If he's the guy KAM wants, I'm good with it.  Some would be surprised, but Penix has injury concerns so I couldn't be shocked.

• Like 1

Just now, Ares Caesar said:

While Nix isnt my preferred guy, if the coaching staff feels Nix is THE guy, then I'm good with it. At this point I'd rather they had some real "conviction" about who they pick than just feeling like Nix/McCarthy/Penix are all about the same and waiting until 23 to get whomever falls to them. I'd hope they have a strong sense of who they like and who they believe can be THAT dude.

To be clear I like both Penix and McCarthy better, but I've seen enough from Nix to think he's got a shot to be a legit top 10 QB in the NFL (not that I'm expecting it, just saying the "tools" are there potentially speaking).

Hail Caesar.

2 minutes ago, Sad People said:

What makes you say that?

I don't really know why because I don't know a lot about him...but he does seem to have a quiet confidence and doesn't get rattled a lot, which would do him well there.

• Like 1

Just now, vike daddy said:

now's when it's sphincter tightening time for me...

does ATL trade to Denver or LV? if not, do the Bears at 9

Dallas Turner and Rome Odunze are both available... chance they lose out on both if they move down. I think both Chicago and Atlanta could use either one of them.

Though I dont disagree this is certainly where the Vikings staff could start to sweat a bit if they've got a preference of QBs.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

now's when it's sphincter tightening time for me...

does ATL trade to Denver or LV? if not, do the Bears at 9?

Yeah, since the Falcons pick is in, they're sticking...so, it'll be interesting to see if someone trades with the Bears.  And if so, then maybe the Vikings just pick whoever is left from either McCarthy or Penix.

• Like 1