NFL Draft reactions

16 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Just because of the last thing I said.  It'd be pretty frustrating to not tap the talent in a super deep class of weapons.  Or at least to hit other needs elsewhere, because there are plenty.

But, the best player available is the best player.  Titans have added talent at receiver, and the coach is a receivers guy.  I think I kind of trust him to pound the table if one is on the board that is really the best option.

In fact, so far, the only time I thought a receiver might be the best pick we could make was with our first pick, and even then, it was iffy.  If it's me, I probably take Fashanu with our first, Dejean with our second (since it looks like Mitchell really did have severe character issues), and Gray with our last one (though if we'd taken DeJean, I'd probably prefer Wingo).

But there's holes everywhere, so the board falls how it falls.  I would have liked to see some moving around to maybe make the board fall more in the way you need it to fall, but whatever.  Jones won't make me mad at all, he's one of the best players on the board.

That's fair. I read your first paragraph and was going to counter with what you said with the next paragraph hahaha.

Honestly I like your draft a lot more. Are you a Johnny Wilson guy?

1 minute ago, TJM217 said:

That's fair. I read your first paragraph and was going to counter with what you said with the next paragraph hahaha.

Honestly I like your draft a lot more. Are you a Johnny Wilson guy?

Not at all, but we're getting to the point in the draft where he's worth a look.  He's an extremely unique player.

I've been high on Malik Washington for a while, so I hope he's the next pick.

But Kris Abrams-Drain is one of the last guys available we used a top 30 visit on (Rasheen Ali, Cole Spencer, and Jarvis Brownlee are the other ones), and he's got to be in contention for BPA.  So if I'm betting, KAD is the pick if he's there.

We should use our sixth-round pick on Ryan Rehkow.

There have been numerous instances where a team's fortunes have been dramatically altered by the presence of a dominant punter. Take, for example, the legendary Ray Guy. This Hall of Fame punter was the first to be drafted in the first round, and his impact on the Oakland Raiders' success in the 1970s and 1980s cannot be overstated. 

Now, let's turn our attention to Ryan Rehkow. At 6-foot-5, 235 pounds, he's built more like a linebacker than a punter, which is fitting, considering his explosive leg power. In his four years at BYU, Rehkow averaged an impressive 47.4 yards per punt, with a career-long of 83 yards. To put this in perspective, the average NFL punt in 2023 was 45.9 yards. This means that, on average, Rehkow's punts traveled nearly two full yards farther than the league average. Imagine the field position advantage this would give us!

Rehkow's ability to pin opponents deep in their own territory is nothing short of remarkable. Over his collegiate career, he managed a 42% inside-20 rate. This means that nearly half of his punts resulted in the opposing team starting a drive inside their own 20-yard line. In today's NFL, where games are often decided by a single score, this kind of field position advantage can be a game-changer.

His hang times are consistently in the 4.5-5.0 second range, which is more than enough to allow the coverage team to get downfield and prevent a big return.

Now, some of you may be thinking, "But don't we already have Ryan Stonehouse?" Surely you understand the importance of depth after his traumatic injury last season. By drafting him, we would be sending a clear message to the rest of the league: we value the importance of special teams, and we're willing to invest in it.

We should trade up for Bo Richter. 

As a fullback-linebacker hybrid, he possesses a unique skill set that could greatly benefit the Titans' offensive and defensive strategies. His impressive performance at his Pro Day, including a 40-inch vertical jump and 26 bench press reps, showcases his raw athletic potential. These physical attributes, combined with his ability to play multiple positions, make him an intriguing prospect for any NFL team, and particularly us.

We've shown a penchant for drafting players who can fill multiple roles and add depth to their roster. Richter's ability to play both offense and defense aligns perfectly with this philosophy. He could provide much-needed depth at the undervalued fullback position while also offering the flexibility to contribute on defense. His versatility could be invaluable in the fast-paced, high-pressure environment of the NFL.

Moreover, Richter's performance at Air Force suggests he is a player with a high ceiling and the potential for significant development at the professional level. His 10.0 sacks and 19.5 tackles-for-loss in his final season underscore his disruptive potential. 

6 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Lol Kookie is having a stroke.

Now I kinda just hope we go defense again for entertainment value.  Cedric Johnson come on down!

It's called expert analysis sir

I went to college you know

2 minutes ago, Daniel said:

There was definitely no way to know that.

Can't you tell by how much I'm over-analyzing players that are never going to make it in the NFL?

That's what we do come draft time right?

Pretend to be smart and watch 100s of hours of film of guys that haven't played a down of professional football? 

Edited by Kookie23

For everyone that is so disgusted that we haven't drafted a WR, just think back to 3 years ago when we drafted a WR in the first round. We drafted a guy that was almost universally seen a a 1st round draft pick, and now people are losing their minds because we didn't use a 2/3rd round pick to move him down the depth chart. 

Point is picking someone at 7 or 38 doesn't ensure they are going to be starter quality, if that was the case we would be calling Burks a starter quality player. I would trust Cally to get more out of Burks than a 4th round rookie and maybe a 2nd(based on who was available) round rookie. If he can't, I would almost guarantee we pick WR in the 1st next year. 

It's easy to sit here today and say Burks is trash, but he was favorably compared to AJ Brown when drafted. 

1 minute ago, Dr.Doom52 said:

For everyone that is so disgusted that we haven't drafted a WR, just think back to 3 years ago when we drafted a WR in the first round. We drafted a guy that was almost universally seen a a 1st round draft pick, and now people are losing their minds because we didn't use a 2/3rd round pick to move him down the depth chart. 

Point is picking someone at 7 or 38 doesn't ensure they are going to be starter quality, if that was the case we would be calling Burks a starter quality player. I would trust Cally to get more out of Burks than a 4th round rookie and maybe a 2nd(based on who was available) round rookie. If he can't, I would almost guarantee we pick WR in the 1st next year. 

It's easy to sit here today and say Burks is trash, but he was favorably compared to AJ Brown when drafted. 

There are still three WRs on the board that I like quite a bit (Malik Washington, Rice, Jackson), and think would make our roster as is.  And a fourth I didn't really watch any tape on, but I know a lot of people like (Malik Washington), and a depth guy that could also be a contributor (Whittington).

Two TEs I would be very happy with too (Bell and McLachlan).  Three that I would not be mad at (Holker).

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dr.Doom52 said:

I'm disgusted we haven't gotten Punter depth, honestly. 

Literally our best position for decades and we're just gonna rely on a hurt Ryan Stonehouse?

Unbelievable to me.