NFL Draft reactions

It's crazy how all over the map the draft is vs the "Mock Draft Simulators"...I was getting Bullard from Georgia in the 4th or 5th round. The way this is unfolding is probably why we didn't trade back.

Also it's hard to fault Ran for not trading back when we have no idea what was offered...like if KC wanted to trade and give up #64 and next years 3rd and a 7th this year...is that worth trading out of 38? I would stick every time unless I was blown away and looking at the trade comp this year seems like those deals aren't out there. Just my two cents. 

the ringer wrote a piece recently about "draft sins" that teams commit and one was trusting your evals too much- essentially giving up chances at more draft capital, aka more throws of the dart, because you're convinced your scouting is good and you can't miss on a player. can't help but feel that that's how the second round went for us.

• Like 2

Weird thought:

What would stop a team, like us, from just trading a 4th and future 3rd for a current 3rd on draft night...every year.

You just borrow from a future year every year, so you replenish the pick each draft. I guess the risk is losing 20ish spots in the 3rd round, but I wonder how that would work.

19 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

the ringer wrote a piece recently about "draft sins" that teams commit and one was trusting your evals too much- essentially giving up chances at more draft capital, aka more throws of the dart, because you're convinced your scouting is good and you can't miss on a player. can't help but feel that that's how the second round went for us.

But if you’re trying to get more draft picks does that not mean you’re trusting your evaluation even more? You’re essentially saying we trust our scouting and development so much that, we’ll risk taking a less talented player in order to get more picks. I mean teams aren’t routinely taking two players at the same position to hedge the risk.

i feel the media will always be pro more picks because that’s an easier narrative for them to run with. More picks, mean more possibilities,  mean more storylines to talk about pre draft. Plus media members tend to get salty when they hype up players only for the league to prove their analysis wrong. It’s why I always laugh at draft grades post draft. 

35 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Weird thought:

What would stop a team, like us, from just trading a 4th and future 3rd for a current 3rd on draft night...every year.

You just borrow from a future year every year, so you replenish the pick each draft. I guess the risk is losing 20ish spots in the 3rd round, but I wonder how that would work.

I think the going rate for future picks is a round higher than where you are, unless you’re really late in the same round or it’s a niche situation.

4 minutes ago, 615finest said:

If we come out this draft with Malik washington or Javon Baker I’ll be happy.. really want baker tho

Love me some Washington.

3 minutes ago, Kookie23 said:

He's still there.

I am not getting my hopes up.

Is there an injury there or something?