NFL Draft reactions

2 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

imo a bit skewed on the first two picks. sweat and latham are both remarkable athletes *because* of their size and strength, but RAS doesn’t handle jumbo players well, as it weights some of the agility numbers and whatnot more heavily. 

athleticism definitely did fall off with the mid-late picks though. felt like we focused on more sure-thing contributors at specific spots with gray, brownlee, and jackson than on overall athleticism.

7 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Came here to post this. It really is pretty bad, no matter how we might want to sugar coat it. The league is way more skewed towards speed, playing fast and athleticism than ever, and in a rebuilding year, we score the lowest in the league in the athletic department. We were supposed to outgrow the Titans of old and get in line with the times, with the new regime. This is very concerning, IMO.

My opinions:

JC Latham - with how the board fell I am perfectly fine with it. Tackle was our biggest need by far and I think with Papa Callahan loving him that pushed them towards him over Odunze. Would of been nice to break the trend and get a top 10 WR but I think the need for tackle this year made it so we had to go tackle over the need for WR next year (Can still sign someone like Tyler Boyd)

T'Vondre Sweat - I think this was the 2nd biggest need for this year. Simmons needed someone to help him on the line and he can definitely help. Would have preferred to trade down some and most likely still get him plus another pick or two but oh well. Fiske was also there but it's clear this staff wants huge guys in the trenches. When offenses plan for our defense I think it's clear they will have to talk about him and Simmons down there.

Cedric Gray - it's clear they wanted to get someone at each position with all the holes we had. This was a lot of people's #1 ILB so hard to complain about him especially in the 4th round. Ran said he wanted to trade up for him but Brian Callahan wanted to be patient and he fell to them. Fills another big need on the defense beside Kenneth Murray and moves Gibbens and Reese to back ups where they should be.

Jarvis Brownlee Jr. - this staff loves having corners and it is so refreshing from the old staff who thought they could just throw any corner out there. Brownlee is fiesty and fits the mold of how Wilson wants his corners and I love it. Wasn't a huge pressing need for this year but corners get banged up and I like having depth there unlike the last 4 or 5 years.

Jha'Quan Jackson - finally we get a WR. Seems like Malik Washington would have been better but maybe they saw something in Jackson. Can help with returns and maybe can surprise us on offense and take snaps from Burks and NWI. Not holding my breath but return man was a need.

James Williams - will play linebacker for us and special teams. Maybe Wilson can get that 5* talent out of him. 7th rounder so who cares lol

Jaylen Harrell - needed edge depth and his play on the field hasn't been that bad for a 7th rounder. Maybe can develop into a nice depth piece

I think safety is our biggest need for now. Can easily get one in free agency. Justin Simmons, Quandre Diggs, Marcus Maye all still out there. Hopefully one of the undrafted TEs can be a 3rd TE, if not might need to look at waivers later this year. Would also love to get another tackle in case Latham needs to stay at RT. (Andrus Peat maybe?) Throw in Tyler Boyd and someone at edge and I'm ready to roll.

Edited by Justin615$

1 hour ago, TitanTuff said:

Complain complain complain jesus christ

After high expectations of finally stepping into the modern era of the NFL, it's fair to question why they would choose to absolutely ignore athleticism at every level with this class when everyone (or most of the well-run organizations) are putting a premium on it. Yes, we've drafted some promising prospects, but those are absolutely legit concerns. 

• Like 1