Bears Officially Select Caleb Williams at 1.1

Sugashane

2 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Being old.

Sorry.....It's an unavoidable consequence of being born in the middle of the last century.

Damn.....when I think about it that way I really do feel old.  Think I need to lay down and take nap now.  💤

34 minutes ago, soulman said:

Sorry.....It's an unavoidable consequence of being born in the middle of the last century.

Damn.....when I think about it that way I really do feel old.  Think I need to lay down and take nap now.  💤

I never understood people making fun of people for being old unless tongue in cheek.

It's kind of like, you are hopefully on that same road bud, you just ain't there yet.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, soulman said:

But you're retired and can do that whenever the hell you want. That's a massive flex to me. Lol

• Like 1

8 hours ago, soulman said:

It's weird being the same age as old people....

• Like 2

11 hours ago, dll2000 said:

I never understood people making fun of people for being old unless tongue in cheek.

It's kind of like, you are hopefully on that same road bud, you just ain't there yet.

I firmly believe in the old Groucho Marx adage DLL.  "A man is only as old as the women he feels".  😁

8 hours ago, Sugashane said:

But you're retired and can do that whenever the hell you want. That's a massive flex to me. Lol

Good point brother.  It's kinda nice to get up everyday and enjoy a leisurely cup of coffee on my deck however some days there's just a little too much free time.  Maybe the best decision I made though was to move from Denver up here to Ft Collins to be closer to my daughter and my two granddaughters.  They help me feel younger.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, dafreak said:

It's weird being the same age as old people....

Sure but it becomes more difficult when I refuse to count myself among them.....🤣.

Seriously, whenever I'm out shopping and I see others my age I'm still stuck in that mode of respecting my elders until some younger person calls me sir and shows me the same respect.  I don't know whether to thank 'em or yell at 'em?  🤔

1 hour ago, soulman said:

Good point brother.  It's kinda nice to get up everyday and enjoy a leisurely cup of coffee on my deck however some days there's just a little too much free time.  Maybe the best decision I made though was to move from Denver up here to Ft Collins to be closer to my daughter and my two granddaughters.  They help me feel younger.

Wife and I are already trying to figure out how to lure our kids and (inevitable but hopefully 20+ years from happening) grandkids abroad with us.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Wife and I are already trying to figure out how to lure our kids and (inevitable but hopefully 20+ years from happening) grandkids abroad with us.

If it wasn't for my daughters and grandkids I would be thinking about becoming Ex-Pat myself.  Somewhere sunny and always warm.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Caleb is only one I have seen of group that can act.

Whuzzit?  SUpposed to be like Saved By the Bell or something? What are we doing here. 

I would bet you Caleb has hollywood on the list of things he might want to do after NFL.  And you KNOW he has that list and it's researched and detailed. Bet Tory Taylor's list is probably "shag more girls,  get yourself a fancy patio, mate"

11 minutes ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

Whuzzit?  SUpposed to be like Saved By the Bell or something? What are we doing here. 

I would bet you Caleb has hollywood on the list of things he might want to do after NFL.  And you KNOW he has that list and it's researched and detailed. Bet Tory Taylor's list is probably "shag more girls,  get yourself a fancy patio, mate"

It was mostly pretty cringe.  Multiple '80s movie and TV show spoofs.  Good idea, really bad execution. 

I wouldn't say these are a specialty of theirs.  

Very odd schedule, but not bad at all for a rookie QB to break into the leauge with.  It would be seriously cool if the late season games in division matter.

If healthy and Caleb doesn't turn into a pumpkin I could honestly see them taking 11 wins. I think 9 or 10 is more likely.

• Like 1