Bears Officially Select Caleb Williams at 1.1

Sugashane

7 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

I mean, he did win a Heisman there… 

A lot of guys win the Heisman and don't get their numbers retired...

I just think it's a huge compliment to him that he is having his number retired with a more limited CV than a lot of guys...his impact was clear...you just wonder after watching their defence against LSU in their opening this year what they could have done if they had that defence plus Caleb.

16 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

I just think it's a huge compliment to him that he is having his number retired with a more limited CV than a lot of guys...his impact was clear...you just wonder after watching their defence against LSU in their opening this year what they could have done if they had that defence plus Caleb.

oklahoma builds a statute for everyone that wins a heisman there. i'd probably rather have that than a retired number

18 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

I mean college is 3-4 years for most.

If in one of those you win the bloody Heisman that should be enough on the resume IMO.   What more can you do individually?

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/22/2024 at 11:18 PM, Docknstein11 said:

Just unwisely took a scroll through the general sub to find out the incredibly weird fantasy where Caleb Williams equates to Ryan Leaf 2.0 is still thriving. Wonder how many of those dolts have called others “sheep” for buying into the medias BS. 

If you are feeling the need to do some sort of religious pennance and can't find your little whip, I suggest the Facebook comment section on anything Bears.  All manner of bad idea is alive and well fed there from the predictable "Start Bagent while Fields sits" to the impossible "Josh McCown would have this offense humming" to the obscure "Kerrith Whyte Jr!" as immediate solutions.  You'll also get your standard "NFL is rigged" stuff, which clearly makes sense in that you'd want one of your huge markets to be saddled with a borderline unwatchable team for cash reasons. 

4 hours ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

If you are feeling the need to do some sort of religious pennance and can't find your little whip, I suggest the Facebook comment section on anything Bears.  All manner of bad idea is alive and well fed there from the predictable "Start Bagent while Fields sits" to the impossible "Josh McCown would have this offense humming" to the obscure "Kerrith Whyte Jr!" as immediate solutions.  You'll also get your standard "NFL is rigged" stuff, which clearly makes sense in that you'd want one of your huge markets to be saddled with a borderline unwatchable team for cash reasons. 

Please don't bring that juju in here. This is my safe space...sorta.

Edited by Bigbear72

On 9/22/2024 at 11:18 PM, Docknstein11 said:

Just unwisely took a scroll through the general sub to find out the incredibly weird fantasy where Caleb Williams equates to Ryan Leaf 2.0 is still thriving. Wonder how many of those dolts have called others “sheep” for buying into the medias BS. 

He’s a rookie QB with an OL who can’t pass block and a running game that can’t run. They’ve put everything on him right now, and he’s looked better every game than the one before.

Don’t listen to the morons. They’re just trying to bring you down to their level. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Bigbear72 said:

Please do bring that juju in here. This is my safe space...sorta.

Apologies,  last time I'll do that.  I won't even bring my habit of looking for weird **** on their classified section, which is frankly compelling reading to see the odd stuff people have for sale in my hood. 

29 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

He’s a rookie QB with an OL who can’t pass block and a running game that can’t run. They’ve put everything on him right now, and he’s looked better every game than the one before.

Don’t listen to the morons. They’re just trying to bring you down to their level. 

Silver linings where you can get them;  they are putting FAR too much on a rookie QB and he's actually holding up under the load.  

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

Silver linings where you can get them;  they are putting FAR too much on a rookie QB and he's actually holding up under the load.  

Absolutely he is. I have no issues with what we’ve seen from him thus far. Rookie mistakes should be expected. He’s facing a lot of adversity early on and handling it very well IMO, which was one of the only real questions about him coming out. The physical talent is obvious, and I’m becoming more and more convinced every week that he has the mental fortitude that’s needed too. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Absolutely he is. I have no issues with what we’ve seen from him thus far. Rookie mistakes should be expected. He’s facing a lot of adversity early on and handling it very well IMO, which was one of the only real questions about him coming out. The physical talent is obvious, and I’m becoming more and more convinced every week that he has the mental fortitude that’s needed too. 

Yeah if I was just watching this season for QB development it seems like hes climbing a very steep learning curve well. BUT:

-The Colts seem pretty ****ty

-He's a risky evasive QB playing behind an OL that is also risky and evasive (relative to their blocking asssignments) and to so we have to admit QB injury is a concern, as is the Sam Darnold "seeing ghosts" meme

I'm actually glad they're giving him the full menu, and really pleased with his progress.  Hoping it all stays upright. Sorry, couldn't be too positive with the obvious issues this team has.  Honestly if the OL had gelled better or the individual performances been better I would be upset about last week as it hurting our playoff chances.  At this point I'm just hoping the QB flashes and develops.  Our division seems to be loaded with great rosters and coaches doing the impossible so for now I just want Caleb to work out.