1.10 - JJ McCarthy, QB, Michigan - #9

The Minnesota Twins are like any Major League Baseball franchise. They play games outside in the elements, have hot dog specials and local celebrities throw the first pitch. It's a fun tradition that allows for some fun cross-promotion in the Twin Cities market.

Many Minnesota Vikings have taken the route of throwing out the first pitch and on Tuesday night, it was rookie quarterback J.J. McCarthy's turn, as he and fellow rookie edge rusher Dallas Turner each threw out the first pitch. Well, it didn't go very well for McCarthy, as it was one of the worst you'll ever see.

He overthinks it and ends up hooking it too far to the left and it gets past the catcher, hitting the backstop. It even drew a groan from the public address announcer saying "oh boy."

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/minnesota-vikings/news/vikings-jj-mccarthys-first-pitch-twins-game-worst-ever-seen/09ebad5bee8eea989b2311c3

12 hours ago, vike daddy said:

The Minnesota Twins are like any Major League Baseball franchise. They play games outside in the elements, have hot dog specials and local celebrities throw the first pitch. It's a fun tradition that allows for some fun cross-promotion in the Twin Cities market.

Many Minnesota Vikings have taken the route of throwing out the first pitch and on Tuesday night, it was rookie quarterback J.J. McCarthy's turn, as he and fellow rookie edge rusher Dallas Turner each threw out the first pitch. Well, it didn't go very well for McCarthy, as it was one of the worst you'll ever see.

He overthinks it and ends up hooking it too far to the left and it gets past the catcher, hitting the backstop. It even drew a groan from the public address announcer saying "oh boy."

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/minnesota-vikings/news/vikings-jj-mccarthys-first-pitch-twins-game-worst-ever-seen/09ebad5bee8eea989b2311c3

At least we kept our '25 FRP so we can draft another QB next year.

• Like 1

Couldn’t ask for a better veteran for JJ to work with this summer. Thielen is one of the best route runners in the league, and he got that way through ridiculous hard work and attention to detail towards his craft. 

Would still love to get Thielen back in purple and gold, but this is probably the next best thing. 

• Like 6

19 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

Couldn’t ask for a better veteran for JJ to work with this summer. Thielen is one of the best route runners in the league, and he got that way through ridiculous hard work and attention to detail towards his craft. 

Would still love to get Thielen back in purple and gold, but this is probably the next best thing. 

If there was any way to get Thielen as our #3 this year, it would be amazing. Of course, I don’t think he’d be ok with being the #4 option.  But if he just wanted to have one more run with the Vikings, they’d give teams a lot of fits. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

If there was any way to get Thielen as our #3 this year, it would be amazing. Of course, I don’t think he’d be ok with being the #4 option.  But if he just wanted to have one more run with the Vikings, they’d give teams a lot of fits. 

Maybe Carolina can cut him near the end of the season so we can nab him for our late playoff push! 😎

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I would not be shocked if Carolina released Thielen. With all of their young players, I could see the 34 year old getting moved on from due to a long term look at the roster. I could also see Thielen asking to be cut so that he can play for a contender. 

The move wouldn’t free up a ton of cap space for Carolina in 2024, but it would free up a good chunk in 2025. 

Edited by SemperFeist
  • Like 3

19 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

I would not be shocked if Carolina released Thielen. With all of their young players, I could see the 34 year old getting moved on from due to a long term look at the roster. I could also see Thielen asking to be cut so that he can play for a contender. 

The move wouldn’t free up a ton of cap space for Carolina in 2024, but it would free up a good chunk in 2025. 

While I would love a reunion of Thielen and the Vikings, I could see him signing with KC for a chance at a ring.  Mahomes would love to have a route runner like Thielen on 3rd downs.

Edited by Captain Relax
  • Like 4

On 6/28/2024 at 9:37 AM, Captain Relax said:

While I would love a reunion of Thielen and the Vikings, I could see him signing with KC for a chance at a ring.  Mahomes would love to have a route runner like Thielen on 3rd downs.

I just don't see how Thielen would fit in the Chiefs' scheme.  He's not fast enough off the line. 

• Like 1