🏈 Pick #13 is in! Raiders select TE, Brock Bowers, Georgia

43 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

In 2019 the Pats drafted N'Keil Harry in the 1st round.  The Pats won games, the O moved the ball and they won a SB.  Does that make Harry a good player and a good value in the 1st round of the draft?   

By your worthless "metrics" from the above post it does... 

It’s N’Keal… 

5 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

If bowers helps this offense to the next level and/or attracts a franchise qb (like Dak arguably) next year, idk how it’s a luxury pick.

Y’all said the same thing last year about mayer tho 

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

I don't recall that at all. There was a need at TE, they traded Waller and Mayer fell into round 2.

Really you don’t remember the reaction most had to mayer being called a luxury pick?

35 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Really you don’t remember the reaction most had to mayer being called a luxury pick?

Vaguely... was he drafted before or after Waller was traded? I probably didn't listen to it because Waller was done so didn't see it as a luxury. 

44 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I had to go back and look:

Naturally.... one person calling him a luxury pick was Frankie.

The thread reads like the Bowers thread ironically. 

The thing is, Mayer and Bowers are actually pretty complementary players. Mayer will play inline (and probably will continue to improve as a blocker based on his trajectory last year). Bowers will play a lot of slot and be a huge physical mismatch for slot corners in the run/pass game. If they put a LB on him, sure he may not be as big of a blocking mismatch but good luck covering him.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

The thing is, Mayer and Bowers are actually pretty complementary players. Mayer will play inline (and probably will continue to improve as a blocker based on his trajectory last year). Bowers will play a lot of slot and be a huge physical mismatch for slot corners in the run/pass game. If they put a LB on him, sure he may not be as big of a blocking mismatch but good luck covering him.

Bowers is a weapon.  Mayer is a good TE.  Not great, but good.  I didn't comment on Mayer's thread last year.  I remember being really concerned with his arm length/wingspan.  He has t-rex arms.  It's crazy.  Brock Bowers is pretty small for a TE, but he's not your average TE.  He's just a weapon you line up everywhere just to create mismatches.  It's going to be fun watching him.

• Like 3

Myself also called him a luxury pick