How good do you expect Rome to be?

mdonnelly21

2 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

I mean todays NFL is just offense offense offense, which is partly why we just saw 14 straight Offensive prospects drafted

And while yes, most NFL offenses are built like that, there are still a select few weapons that can handle carrying an offense with a great QB. Harrison is one of those talents to me, Nabers might be, but Ive never considered Odunze in that tier of Weapon. Thats not saying he is bad (which it seems alot of Bears fans are acting like if not everyone is drooling over him) its just saying he isnt the Top of the Top

I would like to sit back a couple of years and see how this all plays out...a lot of things go into a WR being truly elite...I think Rome's floor is higher than Nabers & right there with Harrisons...ceiling is a different story but again let's see how it all plays out.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I would like to sit back a couple of years and see how this all plays out...a lot of things go into a WR being truly elite...I think Rome's floor is higher than Nabers & right there with Harrisons...ceiling is a different story but again let's see how it all plays out.

Circumstance is a definite factor too. Rome probably has the best QB of the three, and will benefit as a rookie learning from two studs. Look at how much Moore jumped in production going from CAR’s bums to an average-at-best passer in Fields. 

We always talk about lineman and them being "unsexy" pics....thats kind of how I feel about Odunze this year....I think he will put up good 3rd WR numbers but thats it....We are just saying Allen is nothing, I think he will do a ton

6 hours ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

This post fell to the end of the page which isn't fair:  I'm going to keep quoting it until it gets 100 likes.

It could get to 100 still. After all, Rome wasn't built in a day!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Epyon said:

His floor will be high, given his size, athleticism, and contested catch ability. 

He also has elite level potential. But his ultimate fate depends entirely on his ability to get open, imo. I wasn't as high on him coming out for that reason. 

Luckily, he's got all the tools to get himself there. Elite athleticism, great size, and most importantly: he's going to have elite level mentors and by all accounts an A++ level character. He goes in humble and learns from Allen, and then it's able to apply it to his game, the sky is really the limit. That being said (despite different positions) Fields also had elite level athleticism and character, and it never came together. Time will tell, but in Odunze's case, I think the floor is at least very high (way above everyone but Moore last year) 

That's why i feel better about this situation. Fields didn't have a Mentor at QB the way he's got mentor with DJ Moore and Allen. 

7 minutes ago, MonserinNC said:

We always talk about lineman and them being "unsexy" pics....thats kind of how I feel about Odunze this year....I think he will put up good 3rd WR numbers but thats it....We are just saying Allen is nothing, I think he will do a ton

I think around 600 yards and 5 TDs is doable and I would be alright with that. We have a lot of people to the ball too. And I'm hoping we pound the rock at RB and let it open up our passing game. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, mdonnelly21 said:

I think around 600 yards and 5 TDs is doable and I would be alright with that. We have a lot of people to the ball too. And I'm hoping we pound the rock at RB and let it open up our passing game. 

If he gets 600 yards and 5 TDs what are the expectations for Moore and Allen? Plus Kmet and Swift?...I honestly don't know what to expect

35 minutes ago, MonserinNC said:

If he gets 600 yards and 5 TDs what are the expectations for Moore and Allen? Plus Kmet and Swift?...I honestly don't know what to expect

Caleb will be a 10,000 yard passer and the All-Pro team will just be The Bears

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MonserinNC said:

Im expecting around the same from DJ 

1,300 yards 

1,100 from Keenan 

600 from Rome 

500 from Cole 

400 from Swift 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, mdonnelly21 said:

Im expecting around the same from DJ 

1,300 yards 

1,100 from Keenan 

600 from Rome 

500 from Cole 

400 from Swift 

I see what you did here, putting him at like right under 4K....but still, we have Everett, Tyler Scott, etc....I just dont see where the yards are going

On 4/26/2024 at 9:56 AM, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

If Poles was serious about turning the Bears around, he wouldn't let that stop him.  D-

From what Poles says Odunze was the receiver he wanted most or at least more than Nabers.

On 4/26/2024 at 12:26 PM, Thegurubear said:

No way romes a different breed.
wasn't kevin white a one year wonder in college? Also I believe kevin whites route tree was way more limited than odunze. Honestly he gives me dj moore vibes

• Like 1