How good do you expect Rome to be?

mdonnelly21

5 minutes ago, Thegurubear said:

No way romes a different breed.
wasn't kevin white a one year wonder in college? Also I believe kevin whites route tree was way more limited than odunze. Honestly he gives me dj moore vibes

With Rome I see natural WR instincts...White everyone knew was an outstanding athlete but needed a lot of technical work...other than the listed height & size I don't see the comparison...

Odunze is a tough comp because he moves better than most WRs his size (see his punt returns) and he is excellent on contested catches...but he isn't physically super strong at getting off press coverage...i saw someone say Julio Jones which is too rich for me...also seen Drake London but I think Rome can be better than that...the two guys I keep coming back to is the late Demaryius Thomas at the high end and Jordy Nelson at the low.

8 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

With Rome I see natural WR instincts...White everyone knew was an outstanding athlete but needed a lot of technical work...other than the listed height & size I don't see the comparison...

Odunze is a tough comp because he moves better than most WRs his size (see his punt returns) and he is excellent on contested catches...but he isn't physically super strong at getting off press coverage...i saw someone say Julio Jones which is too rich for me...also seen Drake London but I think Rome can be better than that...the two guys I keep coming back to is the lamaryius Thomas at the high end and Jordy Nelson at the low.

I've heard Davante Adams is who i've been hearing is the most. 

I've been pretty vocal about how I personally don't think Rome was on the level of Malik and MHJ but I was still glad to see we drafted him at #9 simply because I think he's going to get to learn from both DJ Moore and Allen. And also hopefully we play 3 WR sets with him so that he won't see double teams and get easier looks in our offense. 

I think Waldron will know a lot more by Pre Season where he will work him into the offense for easy success. 

27 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Its absolutely a concern. I said it many times this past month, this type of WR profile busts way more than you want to see historically.

But then again, they arent forcing him to the the Top or even worse Only weapon.

Theres a reason that Rome was clearly the #3 WR (regardless of the draft scuttlebutt the last 3 weeks), and Why I still think he has been overhyped by alot of people. I think he is still a great draft prospect, but to me he is not elite

My biggest concern is, when I watched tape generally a CB was draped all over him. Rarely did I see any kind of elite separation. Hence the reason why I originally wanted Malik and new that MHJ was going to be too far out of reach. 

With that being said, I think what helps is having Keenan Allen and DJ Moore to learn from and he is still going to hopefully get a lot better and polished now. 

19 minutes ago, mdonnelly21 said:

I've heard Davante Adams is who i've been hearing is the most. 

I've been pretty vocal about how I personally don't think Rome was on the level of Malik and MHJ but I was still glad to see we drafted him at #9 simply because I think he's going to get to learn from both DJ Moore and Allen. And also hopefully we play 3 WR sets with him so that he won't see double teams and get easier looks in our offense. 

I think Waldron will know a lot more by Pre Season where he will work him into the offense for easy success. 

I just don't see a concern with Rome...sure you could have him #3 of those WRs, think you could easily make the argument he could be #1 or #2...I think all three are very close just different flavours (I had Rome as #3 when all was said and done but would have been a clear cut #1 in last years draft because I think the 3 of them are so good)...

I don't see a lack of separation when I watch his take...is he Tyreek Hill or Brandon Aiyuk when it comes to separation? No...but he is also no slouch is creating separation.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

This is a pretty great comp to be fair.

This is a great comp. I understand the allure of using a Davonte Adam’s comp because of the Williams/Rodgers comp everyone wants to use, but I don’t love that one.

If he can become Roddy (one of my favorite receivers ever), that’s a hell of a pick and we should be happy forever with it. But that does mean you always need either a true #1 or young/talented compliments to him to keep the pressure off

• Like 1

Just now, StLunatic88 said:

This is a great comp. I understand the allure of using a Davonte Adam’s comp because of the Williams/Rodgers comp everyone wants to use, but I don’t love that one.

If he can become Roddy (one of my favorite receivers ever), that’s a hell of a pick and we should be happy forever with it. But that does mean you always need either a true #1 or young/talented compliments to him to keep the pressure off

This is todays NFL...Vikes even done it with Addison (and even TJ Hockenson) to help JJ...if you only have a "number one" these days you don't have much.

6 minutes ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

This post fell to the end of the page which isn't fair:  I'm going to keep quoting it until it gets 100 likes.

The book of Daniel and book of Revelation predict a Revived Roman Empire or United Europe which gets eventually led by the Anti-Christ world figure preceding the end times and return of Christ. 

Daniel also predicted fall of Babylonian empire where he was at time he made the above prophecies, followed by Medo-Persian Empire, then Greek Empire, then Roman Empire.

16 minutes ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

This post fell to the end of the page which isn't fair:  I'm going to keep quoting it until it gets 100 likes.

I’m waiting to use “Rome wasnt built in a day” when he’s not starting day 1 and getting 150 yards a game.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

The book of Daniel and book of Revelation predict a Revived Roman Empire or United Europe which gets eventually led by the Anti-Christ world figure preceding the end times and return of Christ. 

Daniel also predicted fall of Babylonian empire where he was at time he made the above prophecies, followed by Medo-Persian Empire, then Greek Empire, then Roman Empire.

What did he set the over/under on Williams yardage this year?  A lot? Is it a lot?

His floor will be high, given his size, athleticism, and contested catch ability. 

He also has elite level potential. But his ultimate fate depends entirely on his ability to get open, imo. I wasn't as high on him coming out for that reason. 

Luckily, he's got all the tools to get himself there. Elite athleticism, great size, and most importantly: he's going to have elite level mentors and by all accounts an A++ level character. He goes in humble and learns from Allen, and then it's able to apply it to his game, the sky is really the limit. That being said (despite different positions) Fields also had elite level athleticism and character, and it never came together. Time will tell, but in Odunze's case, I think the floor is at least very high (way above everyone but Moore last year) 

Edited by Epyon
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

This is todays NFL...Vikes even done it with Addison (and even TJ Hockenson) to help JJ...if you only have a "number one" these days you don't have much.

I mean todays NFL is just offense offense offense, which is partly why we just saw 14 straight Offensive prospects drafted

And while yes, most NFL offenses are built like that, there are still a select few weapons that can handle carrying an offense with a great QB. Harrison is one of those talents to me, Nabers might be, but Ive never considered Odunze in that tier of Weapon. Thats not saying he is bad (which it seems alot of Bears fans are acting like if not everyone is drooling over him) its just saying he isnt the Top of the Top