2024 - Let Kwesi Cook! (The 2024 Draft)

12 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Since I grew up in the Cities, I really don't pronounce a lot of words like this (and especially now that I've been away for so long), but every now and then the accent does come back a little as people will ask me where I'm from because of it.

at least the hot dish wasn't sweet potatoes with marshmallows on top. blech.

if you're eating leftover hot dish the next day but you don't heat it up, is it still hot dish...?

53 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

if you're eating leftover hot dish the next day but you don't heat it up, is it still hot dish...?

It’s an Icy Hot Dish

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

Who would do such a thing?

On 5/31/2024 at 2:35 PM, vike daddy said:

you never eat cold casserole or lasagna or pizza the next day?

Absolutely not.  Even when I eat leftover pizza the next day, I'm sticking it in the microwave.  My wife likes cold pizza...not me.  Cold pizza is gross as far as I'm concerned.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Even when I eat leftover pizza the next day, I'm sticking it in the microwave.

Depending on the type/quality of the pizza, re-heating in the oven can be a game changer.

I just did my first frozen pizza on my Big Green Egg last night and it was very good, next step is homemade!

Just now, VikeManDan said:

Depending on the type/quality of the pizza, re-heating in the oven can be a game changer.

I just did my first frozen pizza on my Big Green Egg last night and it was very good, next step is homemade!

Yeah...I've had certain instances where the pizza was better the next day after reheating it.  🤣

20 hours ago, vike daddy said:

Kwesi, who many doubted early on and after his first draft, has shown he and KO had a plan from the very beginning, that is now starting to be realized.

younger, faster, smarter. that is how this team is being organized now, from the top down to every position on the roster.

Your post from the JJMcC draft thread...

I think the biggest thing is that he appears to be improving, in some capacity, year over year. That is all you can ask for.

• Like 1

@BenGoessling

“The Jefferson deal was the final bold stroke of an 85-day stretch that changed the foundation of the franchise. From March 11 to June 3, the Vikings:

• Let their starting quarterback and top pass rusher leave in free agency
  • Signed 14 unrestricted free agents, including a starting running back, three starting linebackersand a starting cornerback
  • Traded up to select a quarterback in the top 10 for the first time in franchise history;
  • Traded up again to take a pass rusher in the first round for the first time since 2005
  •  Made their top receiver the highest-paid non quarterback in NFL history with a deal that includes nearly $70 million in cash through the first two years.

In dollars and draft picks, they paid dearly for players they hope can anchor the franchise. If it works, the Vikings might have given themselves a window for contention.”

• Like 3