NFCN Rivals 2024

dll2000

1 hour ago, beardown3231 said:

To each their own. If healthy, Watson, Reed, Doubs, Wicks, Musgrave, Kraft, and Jacobs is pretty loaded imo. Any of those guys can hurt you and the system gets someone wide open every single play

Most of those guys are guys are good, but none great except for perhaps Musgrave in time.

Lou Holtz said it’s a game of ten yards and LaFluer really understands that concept better than any OC except Shanahan.  

That is strength of GB.  Flus wants to be that way, but he has to outsource it.  

Give LaFluer our personnel and you would have something truly scary.  

Give us LaFluer, Flores and an owner willing to spend cash over cap style in FA for Poles and we are in SB in two years.  

I just watched Packers 49ers.  It was a close game.  That missed field goal in 4th was huge.  Love didn’t have a good 4th quarter, which is encouraging.

1 hour ago, AZBearsFan said:

My overall point with that wasn’t about the Packers - it was about us. We’re an entirely different team on offense. I think we will be able to score with pretty much anyone. It used to be that we were completely screwed if we allowed 27+ points and I don’t think that’s the case anymore. 

On paper. We haven’t won a Super Bowl yet 

2 hours ago, Ty21 said:

On paper. We haven’t won a Super Bowl yet 

Certainly not. Neither have they though, and despite all the love they’re getting they were only 9-8 last year. They’re a solid team. They’re not the boogeyman. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Most of those guys are guys are good, but none great except for perhaps Musgrave in time.

Lou Holtz said it’s a game of ten yards and LaFluer really understands that concept better than any OC except Shanahan.  

Give us LaFluer, Flores and an owner willing to spend cash over cap style in FA for Poles and we are in SB in two years.  

I didn't say any are great, but when every single player is average or better, that's loaded. For years the Bears have had a bunch of mediocre and bad with the exception of Olsen, Moore, Marshall and Jeffery. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Certainly not. Neither have they though, and despite all the love they’re getting they were only 9-8 last year. They’re a solid team. They’re not the boogeyman. 

I think the assumption is they finished 9-8 but that was with Love being horribly for the first 5-6 weeks or whatever it was. If he's as good as he was the final several weeks for an entire year, they're scary.

31 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

I think the assumption is they finished 9-8 but that was with Love being horribly for the first 5-6 weeks or whatever it was. If he's as good as he was the final several weeks for an entire year, they're scary.

How many of the very good rookie/first year starter QB performances are going to keep arrowing up?  Is it fair to expect Stroud's historic numbers and play to continue getting better? Is Love going to look as smooth as he did in the latter half of the year at creating and extending plays?  Seems like there's always a bit of regression after special and unexpected years like that. Perhaps it's fools hope, but maybe Love will decide to do all his training in a bar in Pewaukee and gain 40lbs and lose an inch of height and some brain cells?  That said, hoping the Packers' QB gets bad/leaves town/marries a cloud has never really worked out, and will always be irrelevant until a Bears QB can show that they're actually any good full time. Let's hope we have a good QB and let the rest of the league do what they will. Do you think Chiefs' fans give a **** about Justin Herbert in training camp?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dll2000 said:

I just watched Packers 49ers.  It was a close game.  That missed field goal in 4th was huge.  Love didn’t have a good 4th quarter, which is encouraging.

Our offense changed significantly when our starting RT went out with a concussion. 9ers started getting home with their front and that changed a bit of the dynamics. But I would also agree - that missed FG certainly hurt. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AZBearsFan said:

They’re not the boogeyman.

Guilty until proven innocent. I’ll stop being scared of them when we actually beat them. Feel like everyone is really underselling the 5 years of losing to them 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

How many of the very good rookie/first year starter QB performances are going to keep arrowing up?  Is it fair to expect Stroud's historic numbers and play to continue getting better? Is Love going to look as smooth as he did in the latter half of the year at creating and extending plays?  Seems like there's always a bit of regression after special and unexpected years like that. Perhaps it's fools hope, but maybe Love will decide to do all his training in a bar in Pewaukee and gain 40lbs and lose an inch of height and some brain cells?  That said, hoping the Packers' QB gets bad/leaves town/marries a cloud has never really worked out, and will always be irrelevant until a Bears QB can show that they're actually any good full time. Let's hope we have a good QB and let the rest of the league do what they will. Do you think Chiefs' fans give a **** about Justin Herbert in training camp?

Exactly, but I've been here. I expect the worst, so for now, GB is still scary

15 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Exactly, but I've been here. I expect the worst, so for now, GB is still scary

It's really funny trying to be analytical about the Bears.  I feel like there was genuine reason to expect them to be good last year and we know how that turned out.  But pretend you hate the Bears,  what are your reasons to think they're going to be ****e again? Seems like it's not easy.  I have to reach a bit but here's my list, which is a LOT shorter than usual:

-Coaching.  OC has had decent success with Geno,  unknown how he'll do starting with a rookie.  Eberflus... George really seems to like him?  Team report cards say he's not a top half coach.  Recall at least 3 games last year that seemed like they were done and dusted as Bears' wins, and some questionable calls entered into those being losses.

-OL:  We've  added a depth OT, and a couple depth IOL guys.  You could make cases for any number of our free agent/trade pickups being the center, but we're counting on other teams' backups to be starters.  I like Jenkins a lot when he's healthy. I like Wright a lot. Every other spot is average to questionable.

-Defense.  Everyone's acting like we're walking into a top 3 defense.  They beat the pants off of some bad teams last season, and got torched quite a few times by good QBs or good offenses.  I expect top half, I'd be pleased with top 10, but don't forget that for their hilariously overstocked DB and LB rooms they still have one guy you can count on for outside pressure, and it seems like we're expected Dexter to turn into Hicks in the offseason. 

-Caleb goes wacky?  I don't think it's a question of skill with him, or work.  Biggest way I could see him not working out (besides like George is so excited to meet him he runs over him with his Ford Windstar) is if he gets into weird **** off the field.  I don't mean like DUI, I mean like he suddently takes an interest in the stadium location and promises only to throw to his left until they work it out with Arlington.  Just doesn't seem like he's going to fail for skill or want-to. 

2 hours ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

It's really funny trying to be analytical about the Bears.  I feel like there was genuine reason to expect them to be good last year and we know how that turned out.  But pretend you hate the Bears,  what are your reasons to think they're going to be ****e again? Seems like it's not easy.  I have to reach a bit but here's my list, which is a LOT shorter than usual:

-Coaching.  OC has had decent success with Geno,  unknown how he'll do starting with a rookie.  Eberflus... George really seems to like him?  Team report cards say he's not a top half coach.  Recall at least 3 games last year that seemed like they were done and dusted as Bears' wins, and some questionable calls entered into those being losses.

-OL:  We've  added a depth OT, and a couple depth IOL guys.  You could make cases for any number of our free agent/trade pickups being the center, but we're counting on other teams' backups to be starters.  I like Jenkins a lot when he's healthy. I like Wright a lot. Every other spot is average to questionable.

-Defense.  Everyone's acting like we're walking into a top 3 defense.  They beat the pants off of some bad teams last season, and got torched quite a few times by good QBs or good offenses.  I expect top half, I'd be pleased with top 10, but don't forget that for their hilariously overstocked DB and LB rooms they still have one guy you can count on for outside pressure, and it seems like we're expected Dexter to turn into Hicks in the offseason. 

-Caleb goes wacky?  I don't think it's a question of skill with him, or work.  Biggest way I could see him not working out (besides like George is so excited to meet him he runs over him with his Ford Windstar) is if he gets into weird **** off the field.  I don't mean like DUI, I mean like he suddently takes an interest in the stadium location and promises only to throw to his left until they work it out with Arlington.  Just doesn't seem like he's going to fail for skill or want-to. 

I think the big one is Williams. Sweaty Teddy was a moron for saying "we've done a lot right except the QB" but he's right. They've had good defenses and RB's. If Williams is good, they'll be fine

11 hours ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

Let's hope we have a good QB and let the rest of the league do what they will. Do you think Chiefs' fans give a **** about Justin Herbert in training camp?

This is where I’m at with it. Maybe half the league or so has a QB who can reasonably be expected to win them a game, with the best of the best doing so more frequently. I think we have one of those QBs now too. 

• Like 1

The Bears have the best WR group and CB group, so we have a chance to win the division this year.

CW and Waldron will have to click fast if the Bears are to make a deep playoff run.

I'm feeling good his year lolz ehehehe😁😂

On 5/7/2024 at 6:35 AM, dll2000 said:

All of them were rookies or 2nd year players last year. Watson, Wicks, Reed, Musgrave and Kraft all have shown potential to be pro bowl caliber players. Doubs is no slouch either and our OL should theoretically be better. People don't appreciate how young and inexperienced the Packers were last year on offense. Someone can fact check me but I believe we were the youngest team since the 0-16 Browns.

And Love still finished 2nd in the league in TD passes with Watson, Aaron Jones and Musgrave missing half the season. With expected improvements from all the young guys, offense on paper has potential to be best in the league. We'll see if they get there, why the games are played