NFCN Rivals 2024

dll2000

2 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Maybe.  Harbaugh never really talked about another QB he had in such glowing terms before.

He is coming in young and without a lot of college passing reps or playing in difficult situations.

He has always been on good teams.  But then again he had a hand in that too.

But we will see how he deals with losing games on a big stage.  Never been through it before really.

I wonder if they sit him as a rookie.  

I don’t think they’ll force it, but I also don’t have much faith in Darnold holding him off. 

4 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Maybe.  Harbaugh never really talked about another QB he had in such glowing terms before.

He is coming in young and without a lot of college passing reps or playing in difficult situations.

He has always been on good teams.  But then again he had a hand in that too.

But we will see how he deals with losing games on a big stage.  Never been through it before really.

I wonder if they sit him as a rookie.  

Could it be that Harbaugh knew that he was going to a higher profile QB that actually had an opportunity to be drafted and wanted to do him a solid by boosting his draft status? Remember that time when Andy Reid said that Matt Nagy was the best offensive mind that had ever coached under him and would be the best head coach from his tree? I think we all can say that was not the case.

7 minutes ago, Bigbear72 said:

Could it be that Harbaugh knew that he was going to a higher profile QB that actually had an opportunity to be drafted and wanted to do him a solid by boosting his draft status? Remember that time when Andy Reid said that Matt Nagy was the best offensive mind that had ever coached under him and would be the best head coach from his tree? I think we all can say that was not the case.

Who knows? 

People lie. People tell the truth.

15 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Who knows? 

People lie. People tell the truth.

@Bigbear72Teams reportedly called Harbaugh to trade for Herbert to see if he was serious about JJ being so awesome.   Apparently he wasn’t interested LOL.  

2 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

@Bigbear72Teams reportedly called Harbaugh to trade for Herbert to see if he was serious about JJ being so awesome.   Apparently he wasn’t interested LOL.  

The off-season is always lying season LOL. We will find out though in the next few seasons though.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

Everyone’s afraid of Packers.  I’m not.  Detroit is best team in North. 

For now.  

Here’s what’s nice - I’m not afraid of any of them right now.

GB whooped us twice last year but they had Fields figured out, and Getsy went full tail-between-the-legs against them every time they squared off. Fields and Getsy are both gone now, and we’ve unquestionably significantly improved at every single position group on offense. We should’ve beaten DET twice last year, and may have beaten MIN twice last year too had Fields not gotten hurt in the 1st game.

I don’t see any layup games in the division, but I don’t see any sure fire *** whoopings coming out way in there either. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Here’s what’s nice - I’m not afraid of any of them right now.

GB whooped us twice last year but they had Fields figured out, and Getsy went full tail-between-the-legs against them every time they squared off. Fields and Getsy are both gone now, and we’ve unquestionably significantly improved at every single position group on offense. We should’ve beaten DET twice last year, and may have beaten MIN twice last year too had Fields not gotten hurt in the 1st game.

I don’t see any layup games in the division, but I don’t see any sure fire *** whoopings coming out way in there either. 

If Love is what he was to end the year, they're easily a top 4 team in the conference. Hopefully that was just a hot streak but they're loaded on offense

3 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

If Love is what he was to end the year, they're easily a top 4 team in the conference. Hopefully that was just a hot streak but they're loaded on offense

There’s definitely talent there, but I wouldn’t call them loaded. The supporting cast is deep with solid players, but are there any great ones? I think their best skill position player from 2023 is now in Minnesota (Aaron Jones), replaced by a talented RB who happens to have had 660 touches the past 2 seasons despite missing 4 games in that stretch, and who’s YPC dipped from 4.9 in 2022 to 3.5 in 2023. That would worry me if he were here. I do like Jayden Reed quite a bit but he’s not a star yet. I’m not a big Watson guy. He’s very MVSish to me with a bit more frequent flash. 

None of that is to take anything away from GB. They’re a solid offensive team with a top 3 play caller and a bunch of young guys at least some of whom are probably still ascending. I just wouldn’t call them loaded. I respect what they have going on up there, but I’m not afraid of that team. I think the 2024 Bears can beat that team if Williams is as advertised. 

8 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

There’s definitely talent there, but I wouldn’t call them loaded. The supporting cast is deep with solid players, but are there any great ones? I think their best skill position player from 2023 is now in Minnesota (Aaron Jones), replaced by a talented RB who happens to have had 660 touches the past 2 seasons despite missing 4 games in that stretch, and who’s YPC dipped from 4.9 in 2022 to 3.5 in 2023. That would worry me if he were here. I do like Jayden Reed quite a bit but he’s not a star yet. I’m not a big Watson guy. He’s very MVSish to me with a bit more frequent flash. 

None of that is to take anything away from GB. They’re a solid offensive team with a top 3 play caller and a bunch of young guys at least some of whom are probably still ascending. I just wouldn’t call them loaded. I respect what they have going on up there, but I’m not afraid of that team. I think the 2024 Bears can beat that team if Williams is as advertised. 

To each their own. If healthy, Watson, Reed, Doubs, Wicks, Musgrave, Kraft, and Jacobs is pretty loaded imo. Any of those guys can hurt you and the system gets someone wide open every single play

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

10 game winning streak

”im not afraid of the packers” 

gtfo

My overall point with that wasn’t about the Packers - it was about us. We’re an entirely different team on offense. I think we will be able to score with pretty much anyone. It used to be that we were completely screwed if we allowed 27+ points and I don’t think that’s the case anymore. 

38 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

To each their own. If healthy, Watson, Reed, Doubs, Wicks, Musgrave, Kraft, and Jacobs is pretty loaded imo. Any of those guys can hurt you and the system gets someone wide open every single play

The system is the best part of their team IMO. I think MLF as a play caller is right there with Shanahan, Reid and McVey.

• Like 2