24 Draft: Eagles Select - 02.40 DB Cooper DeJean

I still think this is the crazier pick. To think we’d overcorrect this much and double dip

i think dejean is a bit different obviously as he’s probably never going to play 1 position. 

but man Christian Parker was just given a dream group. Mitchell, dejean, ringo

That’s a fun young group for him to mess with

also the closing speed on this team has just been upgraded tenfold. 

• Like 1

What is more likely in 2025?

CB1 Quinyon
CB2 DeJean
CB3 Rodgers
CB4 Ringo
FS CJGJ
SS Sydney
S3 Reed

or 

CB1 Quinyon
CB2 Rodgers
CB3 DeJean
CB4 Ringo
FS CJGJ
SS Sydney
S3 Reed

CJGJ, the elder statemen of the group, will still be just 27 (turning 28 in Dec). Reed will be 26.

Edited by Jeezla

Just now, Jeezla said:

CB1 Quinyon
CB2 DeJean
CB3 Rodgers
CB4 Ringo
FS CJGJ
SS Sydney
S3 Reed

or 

CB1 Quinyon
CB2 Rodgers
CB3 DeJean
CB4 Ringo
FS CJGJ
SS Sydney
S3 Reed

I just doubt dejean ever plays one place, I think he’s going to cover tight ends, blitz, post safety, sometimes the outside. I see him as a movable nickel

especially with CJGJ and Sydney brown all able to play nickel. Those 3 are going to be all over the place

i I think Rodgers or ringo being CB2 is most likely with dejean being CB3 in name but a top 3 defensive back on the team

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

CB1 Quinyon
CB2 DeJean
CB3 Rodgers
CB4 Ringo
FS CJGJ
SS Sydney
S3 Reed

or 

CB1 Quinyon
CB2 Rodgers
CB3 DeJean
CB4 Ringo
FS CJGJ
SS Sydney
S3 Reed

CJGJ, the elder statemen of the group, will still be just 27 (turning 28 in Dec). Reed will be 26.

I think you're too low on Ringo in these. He has a real shot to be a starter this year. He got a taste last year you better believe he's out there somewhere working his *** off. And if not this year then next once Slay is gone. Our depth is insane now though.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I think you're too low on Ringo in these. He has a real shot to be a starter this year. He got a taste last year you better believe he's out there somewhere working his *** off. And if not this year then next once Slay is gone. Our depth is insane now though.

Wonder how JB is feeling these days? Haha.

7 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

Right. He was so bad last year I don't care to even see how he looks in this defense under Fangio. He looked totally cooked not only in coverage but in his effort to tackle, etc too. Done with him. No need to have him stealing any young guy reps.

7 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Just saw a post that the completed Carson Wentz resulted in.....

AJ Brown

DeVonta Smith 

Jalen Carter

Cooper DeJean

Hot MF Damn!! 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

Primarily the 2nd two, but assisting in assets with the first two as well

On 4/27/2024 at 10:55 AM, ninjapirate said:

well that explains why the trade was a little lopsided for the commanders because Lurie wanted this to happen.

Also the saints traded up and took kool-aid with the very next pick. Howie probably had intel that secondary was about to go off the board and couldn’t chance it to lose cooper dejean.

On 4/27/2024 at 4:10 PM, CasperX22 said:

Part of me wonders if he already knows he’s gonna be a post June 1st cut. I’m looking at the secondary and man, some of these guys have too much potential to cut. I’m not sure they would be willing to allow bradberry to take one of their spots just because they gave him a bad contract.

1 minute ago, Jays3 said:

Part of me wonders if he already knows he’s gonna be a post June 1st cut. I’m looking at the secondary and man, some of these guys have too much potential to cut. I’m not sure they would be willing to allow bradberry to take one of their spots just because they gave him a bad contract.

I think he gets to compete in camp, maybe he gets traded in camp for like a 7th -> 6th swap

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

I think he gets to compete in camp, maybe he gets traded in camp for like a 7th -> 6th swap

True, yeah they will probably try to trade him, although I'm not sure a team would be willing to take on his contract even in a pick swap. I’d take anything for him at this point tho.lol

2 minutes ago, Jays3 said:

True, yeah they will probably try to trade him, although I'm not sure a team would be willing to take on his contract even in a pick swap. I’d take anything for him at this point tho.lol

I think that team would only be on the hook for the 2025 money effectively at that point? 1 year 7.8 Cap hit playing for 2 years.

Thing is ringo was looking very good at the end of the year. Then you add Mitchell, dejean and Rodgers to that. Then there’s also Maddox, slay, ricks, roby, Goodrich, and garner.

CB is gonna be such a tough training camp cut, probably the hardest position group on the team, but moving on from bradberry will make it a little easier.