Jets Select WR Malachi Corley Round 3 Pick 65

23 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

I did like Bowers but Ive really warmed up to the Olu pick since he doesnt have to start immediately. 

Corley just seems like a guy we have to manufacture touches for, but its going to be a lot harder for him to break these tackles in the NFL as opposed to the lower level colleges he played. Going to need to really coach him up. Youre right about the 3rd downs but that was also on Zach for being terrible, the line being as bad and Hackett being the worst OC we have ever had. Hopefully Rodgers alone changes the 3rd downs but at least short yardage should be a strength instead of a weakness now. 

We were going to have to manufacture touches for Bowers. He may have had more favorable matchups against S and LBs but still he wasn’t really a downfield target like Gronk. 

• Like 1

Forgive my ignorance but isn’t it the point of the OC to design plays ie. manufacture touches for a specific player?  Doesn’t the OC manufacture touches for Wilson and Hall?

Corley is a different type of player. He may add a dimension we do not currently have. IMO he is one of the few players that will contribute right away. He won’t sit behind a boundary WR or TE. Bowers or almost any other WR was not contributing much do to depth chart.

I am not saying Corley will light the world on fire, but he was a logical pick to get on the field right away. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, xrade said:

Forgive my ignorance but isn’t it the point of the OC to design plays ie. manufacture touches for a specific player?  Doesn’t the OC manufacture touches for Wilson and Hall?

Corley is a different type of player. He may add a dimension we do not currently have. IMO he is one of the few players that will contribute right away. He won’t sit behind a boundary WR or TE. Bowers or almost any other WR was not contributing much do to depth chart.

I am not saying Corley will light the world on fire, but he was a logical pick to get on the field right away. 

Deep ability from slot.   Wilson on outside.  Hall at RB.     Bowers could work in that department but Corley's center of gravity has him edge over Bower. Low and quick to exclude middle defender.

On 4/30/2024 at 1:17 PM, ekill08x said:

i hope he is right i just dont see his tape as being overly impressive

Depends what you're looking at, before the catch yes. After the catch he's Deebo. 

Definitely needs to refine his route running but he's a guy who can impact simply by getting him the ball around the LOS.