Jets Select WR Malachi Corley Round 3 Pick 65

Now that I am thinking about it, he is an incredible fit with what Wilson and Williams bring.  Wilson can do it all, Williams the big contested catch guy and stretch the field then Corley can be a quick hitting YAC monster.  Then X in the slot as well.  Liking how this offense is shaping out this season. 

• Like 1

Wonder what they gave up in the trade. Hopefully not more than a pick swap. From the 4th to 5th.

I do like him as a compliment to what we have but would have preferred someone that had higher upside as an all-around receiver instead of pure slot.

8 minutes ago, drew39k said:

Wonder what they gave up in the trade. Hopefully not more than a pick swap. From the 4th to 5th.

I do like him as a compliment to what we have but would have preferred someone that had higher upside as an all-around receiver instead of pure slot.

just the fifth round pick they got from Minnesota

Good pick, not a complete receiver but a huge threat with the ball in his hands. I wonder where he fits on the depth chart due to his limited route tree. I think he'll get a ton of manufactured touches throughout the season while working on the rest of his game. 

I love this pick. I don't think we needed a "complete receiver". We have one of those already. If you have more than one, then you end up in a contract dispute with the No. 2 guy, who feels he is a No. 1 guy. This is more of a team-building move and I love it. The three main receivers now complement each other perfectly, and gives Rodgers a plethora of options. He must be loving this. 

When Allen Lazard is your clear No. 4 WR, I think you are doing well. 

20 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Now that I am thinking about it, he is an incredible fit with what Wilson and Williams bring.  Wilson can do it all, Williams the big contested catch guy and stretch the field then Corley can be a quick hitting YAC monster.  Then X in the slot as well.  Liking how this offense is shaping out this season. 

I'm not overly exuberant over Corley, OKAY, he's the YAK player of all players, he's also slow as dirt. He is only a slot WR and maybe KR, but with 4.57 speed he's nothing to write home about. But I will root for him, no doubt, but in this case I think the Jets sat on their hands too long.