Jets Select WR Malachi Corley Round 3 Pick 65

7 minutes ago, Big T said:

I'm not overly exuberant over Corley, OKAY, he's the YAK player of all players, he's also slow as dirt. He is only a slot WR and maybe KR, but with 4.57 speed he's nothing to write home about. But I will root for him, no doubt, but in this case I think the Jets sat on their hands too long.

I think he is a great compliment to Wilson and Williams. Put him in the slot and catch those 3 yard  passes and turn them into 1st downs. Did we really need another  X or Y right now?  At least he will contribute this year.

What was Jerry Rice’s 40 again?  An overrated data point. 

5 minutes ago, xrade said:

I think he is a great compliment to Wilson and Williams. Put him in the slot and catch those 3 yard  passes and turn them into 1st downs. Did we really need another  X or Y right now?  At least he will contribute this year.

What was Jerry Rice’s 40 again?  An overrated data point. 

speed kills in the NFL, Hall, Wilson and Sauce are prime examples of that.

4 minutes ago, Big T said:

speed kills in the NFL, Hall, Wilson and Sauce are prime examples of that.

I was being specific to WR. I think the 40 is overrated. Route running, quickness, good hands, strength to get off press coverage trumps straight line speed IMO. 

• Like 1

Gibson should still develop into the slot role for us, Garrett will probably line up there more than anyone. Corley will be a gadget guy as a rookie while developing his route tree. The film shows you how good he is with the ball in his hands. 40 time be damned. 

On 4/27/2024 at 5:39 PM, Big T said:

I'm not overly exuberant over Corley, OKAY, he's the YAK player of all players, he's also slow as dirt. He is only a slot WR and maybe KR, but with 4.57 speed he's nothing to write home about. But I will root for him, no doubt, but in this case I think the Jets sat on their hands too long.

also agree. his tape isnt overly impressive and the competition he played against wasnt very good. he isn't very fast or explosive he just catches passes and breaks tackles against lower level D1 players. mostly manufactured touches. its a 3rd round WR, so hopefully he helps us but I dont this is a very high ceiling player. also dont get the Q comparisons. Q was much bigger and faster. I dont know though, it was a weird draft. We are all praising JD but if someone did a mock with these trade downs and results we would be crucifying them on here. 

1 hour ago, NYJets4716 said:

Steve Smith loves Corley, he called him the steal of the draft. He has picked some random steal WRs in the past. 

i hope he is right i just dont see his tape as being overly impressive

2 hours ago, ekill08x said:

i hope he is right i just dont see his tape as being overly impressive

Did you like Bowers? 

I don’t think he’ll be a #1 but I don’t see why he can’t be a great partner for GW. Heck we can make the argument we are less likely to have a Chase + Higgins or Deebo + Aiyuk situation.  We should be able to keep both GW and Corley long term and keep them happy.

I believe we were the worst 3rd down team. Now we have tough running Corley and Allen to add to Hall. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Did you like Bowers? 

I don’t think he’ll be a #1 but I don’t see why he can’t be a great partner for GW. Heck we can make the argument we are less likely to have a Chase + Higgins or Deebo + Aiyuk situation.  We should be able to keep both GW and Corley long term and keep them happy.

I believe we were the worst 3rd down team. Now we have tough running Corley and Allen to add to Hall. 

I did like Bowers but Ive really warmed up to the Olu pick since he doesnt have to start immediately. 

Corley just seems like a guy we have to manufacture touches for, but its going to be a lot harder for him to break these tackles in the NFL as opposed to the lower level colleges he played. Going to need to really coach him up. Youre right about the 3rd downs but that was also on Zach for being terrible, the line being as bad and Hackett being the worst OC we have ever had. Hopefully Rodgers alone changes the 3rd downs but at least short yardage should be a strength instead of a weakness now.