24 Draft: Eagles Select - 03.94 EDGE Jalyx Hunt

8 hours ago, Scalamania said:

This is a lot of words to essentially say this was not a great pick. This guy had very modest production against players who won’t sniff the NFL, has zero pash rush moves and is a massive project across the board. 

Hunt is a 5th, most likely 6th round project. Just feels like a wasted pick to me. 

Moreso I think it was a lot of words for, I dunno

Had him as a 4th rounder personally, but not going to nitpick being a couple picks out from it.

Looking at the board I get the reasoning you take a traits guy like this at a premium position. They don’t last too long and edge isn’t looking as promising today as LB, WR, TE, RB is. 

If he’s gonna develop, this is the type of situation he needed. Standing up or being hybrid at least will help. Behind a lot of guys with a vet staff to develop him.

Who knows if it translates to anything, but I get why they did it. Decent shot whoever is there at 120 is someone I’d be fine with at 94 way the board looks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Broadway Joe said:

I kind of agree with this. This pick is the price we pay for two very good earlier picks.

These “has the tools, can become good if he…” type of players never work for us. 

I'm willing to treat the pick for what it is.  Howie did the right thing trading back twice if he was the target.  They managed to squeeze the value of a 3rd Rd pick out of trading down to get him, so even if it doesn't pan out there is a much higher chance that one of those 3 picks or 2 picks if they trade up etc will pan out.  The process makes sense even if the pick is a boom/bust pick.

1 hour ago, Danger said:

Jordan Mailata Bar

There’s always the OL disclaimer but yeah I’d be more than fine with this pick in the 7th. 
What is the success rate of project players? I can’t imagine it is high at all, let another team take those risks in the third. I can’t imagine this was the better prospect.

• Like 1

On 4/26/2024 at 11:32 PM, Football_Bachelor08 said:

Honestly, this is a terrible pick for Philly, especially when they still don't have a No. 3 recieiver. 

Hurts doesn't go that far into progressions so not a priority 

• Like 1