24 Draft: Eagles Select - 03.94 EDGE Jalyx Hunt

4 minutes ago, Football_Bachelor08 said:

A converted safety from a tiny school? Yeah, not a good pick. 

Ok. Maybe he does suck. Not going to sit here and act like I have watched him cause I haven't. But this is not what you originally said.

But no offense to you I will trust Fangio's evaluation over yours.

• Like 1

Besides Hunt who was there you all wanted wasnt watching the draft? The writing is on the walls. We draft Top 30 Visits. Find that list, make a mock draft from now on.

This shouldn't surprise anyone. Athletic freak with an absurd RAS being coached up by Vic Fangio who apparently wanted him? 

Not sure what's not to be at least intrigued about other then you had a favorite player we didn't draft. 

Mitchell 

DeJean

Hunt

Speed ,speed, speed!

DJ (NFL) had him 64th on his board.

Kiper (ESPN) had him 70th.

Sikkema (PFF) had him 86th.

Rogers (NBC) had him 117th.

Reid (ESPN) had him 131st.

Brugler (Athletic) had him 138th.

Miller (ESPN) had him 174th.

We took him like right smack dab in the middle of those rankings.

If you look at some mocks....

Ian Cummings (PFN) had him going 75th overall

Chad Reuter (NFL) had him going 90th.

Sikkema (PFF) had him going 94th, but to the Cardinals.

Brugler (Athletic) had him going 104th.

Miller (ESPN) had him going 133th.

So, again.... we drafted him right in the middle of those mocks.

• Like 1

He rose a ton throughout the process, remember he was there a lot for the 5ths for awhile. Then started going above us in the 4th, then in the last 10 days or so crept into the top 100 for a lot of the draft guys. Seemingly pointing to them finally hearing from team sources where he was ranked.

I think it’s tough to shed that baggage when you’re labeled a day 3 pick early.

But just looking at the prospect it reminds me a lot of the Davion Taylor selection, except edge is a far easier position to translate traits to success. Both were guys our DC wanted, both needed some time in the oven, both plus athletes. Hopefully Vic’s plan for him is good.

I do like his super high ceiling. Just taking a JAG at edge doesn’t do much for us. You have Huff for 3 years, 4 for Smith if he develops. Then you have Sweat and BG for at least this year. Doesn’t really move the needle in terms of potential round 1 need next year.

Obviously the hope is Huff proves he can handle the top spot, Nolan develops and Hunt can flash as a situational guy at least.

Hurt to lose out of some of the guys after the trade backs. Hunt + two 4ths at least helps hedge the bet.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

But just looking at the prospect it reminds me a lot of the Davion Taylor selection, except edge is a far easier position to translate traits to success. Both were guys our DC wanted, both needed some time in the oven, both plus athletes. Hopefully Vic’s plan for him is good.

3 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

then in the last 10 days or so crept into the top 100 for a lot of the draft guys. Seemingly pointing to them finally hearing from team sources where he was ranked.

This is my thought process too, especially with Mel Kiper and Daniel Jeremiah being the highest on him. I think their rankings probably figure in a little bit more what they're hearing from teams.