Day 3 draft thread

Ty21

6 hours ago, soulman said:

All you guys moanin' about being old makes me chuckle.  My youngest is 32 and my oldest is 52.  My 30s are so far in the rearview mirror they may be subject to a search by US Customs before I try to relive them.  I was a Bears fan when Ditka was just a TE and we had a different OL from Yale named Mike Pyle.

What was Velus Jones like as a kid?

• Like 6

2 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

You probably learned to type on an actual typewriter too, huh? Most of these kids around here have probably never even seen one of those! 🍻 

Oh I’ve seen those

…..at my grandparents house.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CBears019 said:

Oh I’ve seen those

…..at my grandparents house.

As someone that took a typing class in school using an actual typewriter...

Going South Park GIF

• Like 4

7 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

You probably learned to type on an actual typewriter too, huh? Most of these kids around here have probably never even seen one of those! 🍻 

I learned on a typewriter.

Sophomore year in 1989 I think it was.

I am an awesome typist.

Like 65 words a minute.   I am slow as heck on Ipad or a phone (which is what I often use on here). 

Give me a keyboard though ....

44 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

I learned on a typewriter.

Sophomore year in 1989 I think it was.

I am an awesome typist.

Like 65 words a minute.   I am slow as heck on Ipad or a phone (which is what I often use on here). 

Give me a keyboard though ....

Instead of a fantasy football thing we should have a type-off, I think I might be close to that and if I do nothing but train for the next 4 months I think I could take you. 

• Like 1

Just now, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

Instead of a fantasy football thing we should have a type-off, I think I might be close to that and if I do nothing but train for the next 4 months I think I could take you. 

Actually on typing test.com I got 68 wpm but with errors down to 59, so your reign remains your excellency.  One of my typos? "Bears" not kidding. It was all about colors of black bears. 

• Like 1

On 5/3/2024 at 6:48 AM, AZBearsFan said:

Oh yeah, and how to operate a Key Punch machine.....and dial a number on a telephone among many other antiquated and now useless skills.....LOL.

• Like 1

On 5/3/2024 at 7:42 AM, Ty21 said:

What was Velus Jones like as a kid?

Short, lazy, couldn't manage to tie his own shoes 'til he was eleven.  But he was the fastest kid on the block.

On 5/3/2024 at 4:20 PM, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

Break out the old Mavis Beacon 

• Like 1