The Bears-Offense

The Bears' Offense did good.  I thought they would get 10 points, but they got 11 points and the big help from the D..., escaped for a win.

V12 has a future with the Bears, but he needs to fix the fumbles.

CW will get better.  The Titans' D was strong, not a surprise at all.

A win is a win!

What is it with Velus Jones?  Is it a vision or depth perception issue?  Does he just get nervous? Is he looking upfield for a path before he secures the ball?  Is he simply snake bit?  I've never seen anyone make the exact same mistake as often as he does and he knows it.  His first priority is to secure the catch and for whatever reason he just can't do it.  That botch today could be the end of his KOR gig.

• Like 2

And speaking of the Bears offense all I can do is ask "what offense"?  How is it that three years in a row they've come out so unprepared for the opener?  The blocking sucked so it's hard to be able to determine whether or not that was it or the game plan and play calling was ****ty.  Waldron had to know they'd be bringing pressure at CW all game long and yet we failed to handle it or burn them because of it.  If there's something to be very disappointed about it's that.  Different opener......same old ****.  WTF is up with that?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JibjeResearch said:

The Bears' Offense did good.  I thought they would get 10 points, but they got 11 points and the big help from the D..., escaped for a win.

They absolutely did not. If 10-11 points is "good" then your bar is set WAY too low. They were garbage on offense and it was a shared failure.

Obviously not time to do mocks for top 5 picks or anything, but there was nothing that was good about the offense today. Bad games happen, they should bounce back next week.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Sugashane said:

They absolutely did not. If 10-11 points is "good" then your bar is set WAY too low. They were garbage on offense and it was a shared failure.

Obviously not time to do mocks for top 5 picks or anything, but there was nothing that was good about the offense today. Bad games happen, they should bounce back next week.

Yup, ridiculously early to do more than spot the problems and for Poles to plan on some fixes.

I'll just say that his attempts to fix the OL with FA signings to upgrade certain positions is not working.  The three best OL we have are guys we drafted; Jones, Jenkins, and Wright.  This goes to my belief that unless we spend on the cream of the crop OL FA the only way to build a stable OL is via the draft.

I believe that when 100% healthy Bates is a starting caliber NFL OL.  He won't be elected to any Pro Bowls but he's versatile and won't hurt you.  Davis on the other hand proves why signing mid level OL seldom works.  We can clearly see why after drafting him Tennessee allowed him to leave in FA.  Plain and simple the guy is a "dog".  He's lazy and always unprepared game one.

I believed Shelton would be better than he showed yesterday.  He's to light to handle bigger stronger NT or power rushers.  He can't handle them without help and he'll get none from Davis.  I'd prefer to start Bates at RG but we may need him to replace Shelton.  This week I'd have Pryor taking snaps at RG.  Davis needs to sit until he proves he's willing to play and so far he hasn't.

I don't believe there's any doubt that Poles will need to draft at least two IOL next spring and at least one who could be counted on to start.  Let's hope guys like Taylor, Hardy, and Booker prove to be solutions at DE so Poles can spend a top pick on a stud DT.  There should be several worth a 1st round pick.  What we need is another Akiem Hicks type.

Until they get the OL issues fixed I have a hard time knowing what else to blame.  CW was under pressure all day and I can't tell how good or bad the game plan and play calling were when the OL played like it was their first game together.....ever.  I'm not sure who to lay the blame on for that but until it's been dealt with we won't have an offense any better than we had before.

Edited by soulman
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, soulman said:

And speaking of the Bears offense all I can do is ask "what offense"?  How is it that three years in a row they've come out so unprepared for the opener?  The blocking sucked so it's hard to be able to determine whether or not that was it or the game plan and play calling was ****ty.  Waldron had to know they'd be bringing pressure at CW all game long and yet we failed to handle it or burn them because of it.  If there's something to be very disappointed about it's that.  Different opener......same old ****.  WTF is up with that?

I think as much as our offence did look under prepared it is something that was seen right across the league on the opening weekend...

Defence will always be further ahead than offence in the first few weeks...it's like Belichick always used to say...you never know what sort of team you have until October...I think the bigger concern for me when it comes to the offence was just how physically overmatched we looked and that given we were struggling to protect Caleb & run the ball we barely played Kmet at 6-6" 260lbs or Lewis who is 6-6" and probably at this point of his careers is probably 270lbs even less...we needed those guys on the field more and we badly need the interior to turn up next week.

• Like 1

On 9/8/2024 at 4:47 PM, JibjeResearch said:

V12 has a future with the Bears, but he needs to fix the fumbles.

CW will get better.  The Titans' D was strong, not a surprise at all.

A win is a win!

By what measure?

"They" scored 2 field goals, one of which was a 4 play, 1 yard drive

They were 2-13 on third down

They averaged under 3 yards per play

• Like 1

23 hours ago, soulman said:

At what point is it a coaching / coordinator problem?

• Like 1

On 9/8/2024 at 7:37 PM, soulman said:

And I am so ******* tired of watching the same ******* team year after year no matter the changes. When do they break the ******* mold?

2 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

By what measure?

"They" scored 2 field goals, one of which was a 4 play, 1 yard drive

They were 2-13 on third down

They averaged under 3 yards per play

For the 1st game, I asked for 10 points, but the Bears' offense produced 11 points; thus, they surpassed my expectation by 1 point lolz eheheh😁

And a tie for 1st place ...bro lolz🤣

But, yeah...we need to fix some things... :)

Edited by JibjeResearch