Feed Me, Part II

WizardHawk

2 hours ago, TheStarStillShines said:

Another year of winning and losing on Dak's arm. We all know how this story will unfold. 

Guys, it's over! Read between the lines. They have not extended Dak or McCarthy. They're beefing up on the trenches. They didn't select a RB because they want to start fresh next year. Signing Zeke is like saying, "Here you go Dak, make it work, we'll even bring back an old friend."

Next year: New HC, new QB, new RB, WR in his prime, trenches young, strong, growing together, not 3 young guys playing with an oft injured veteran of 10 years, a dangerous secondary. Trade Parsons and get 2 or more picks.

(In Eric Cartmen voice) Let's see, where did I see this before, hmmmm, lots of picks, young Oline, firey veteran WR, new HC, strong defense and secondary, drafting a stud workhorse RB next year and possible QB...hmmmm, where did I see this before???

Answer: 1990 draft.

I’m just throwing this out there
 could you guys imagine if we actually signed Henry or Barkley this offseason?  Yeah, we’d be young on the OL but I’d really like this roster.  Sadly, like TSSS eloquently said, this year is 100% on Dak to deliver.  Not a good position for us as fans to be in (in an “all in” year).

1 hour ago, The_Slamman said:

I’m just throwing this out there
 could you guys imagine if we actually signed Henry or Barkley this offseason?  Yeah, we’d be young on the OL but I’d really like this roster.  Sadly, like TSSS eloquently said, this year is 100% on Dak to deliver.  Not a good position for us as fans to be in (in an “all in” year).

I do agree that this year is 100% on Dak. Imo, JJ is taking a nothing to lose approach to this year. If Dak wins it, awesome! If he doesn't, JJ will move on.

18 minutes ago, Rtnldave said:

I do agree that this year is 100% on Dak. Imo, JJ is taking a nothing to lose approach to this year. If Dak wins it, awesome! If he doesn't, JJ will move on.

I don't have any faith JJ and co. will move on.

40 minutes ago, HDsportsfan said:

I don't have any faith JJ and co. will move on.

I'm starting to believe that is what he meant by "All in." Because he clearly hasn't done anything to warrant that statement so far this off Season.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rtnldave said:

I'm starting to believe that is what he meant by "All in." Because he clearly hasn't done anything to warrant that statement so far this off Season.

“All in” on Dak
.to fail.

7 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

“All in” on Dak
.to fail.

And if that's the case, we get higher picks in the draft. I also would not rule out trading Parsons next year for multiple picks.

If a rebuild is actually happening with this draft, next year we would have enough capital to move up and take who ever we wanted/needed.

4 hours ago, Rtnldave said:

And if that's the case, we get higher picks in the draft. I also would not rule out trading Parsons next year for multiple picks.

If a rebuild is actually happening with this draft, next year we would have enough capital to move up and take who ever we wanted/needed.

It doesn't make a lot of sense, though, as we could've tried to work out a trade prior to the draft to help accelerate a rebuild without basically flushing a year down the drain. We know that Vegas is desperate for a QB. I'm pretty confident that a trade couldn't been ironed out prior to the Draft.

31 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

It doesn't make a lot of sense, though, as we could've tried to work out a trade prior to the draft to help accelerate a rebuild without basically flushing a year down the drain. We know that Vegas is desperate for a QB. I'm pretty confident that a trade couldn't been ironed out prior to the Draft.

You know that and I know that, but at this point in the conversation I will remind you that this is Jerry Jones we are talking about. 

He makes moves when he isn't supposed to and does nothing when the answers are staring him in the face.

• Like 1

I think I kind of like the move. Honestly even if they added Jonathan Brooks like they wanted, this team would still lack the pop on the ground that they didn't have last year. Zeke gives them that pop...

He is not a 300 carry guy anymore. Maybe not even 200. But for 100, 150 carries and shining in goal line. Short yardage. Blitz pickup and catching some.balls from the backfield. You can do a lot worse for the price I think 

On 4/30/2024 at 10:57 AM, plan9misfit said:

You're still trying to make sense. Stop trying to make sense!!

Jokes aside, I don't think they view this year as a push year. I think they view it as a "Ok Dak, you want to be paid elite money. So go be Elite." If he struggles with less, then you see what Lance can do. If both suck it up. So be it. You know neither is the long term answer anymore and you go into the next off-season with tons of cap space, Deion Sanders looking to make a jump to the NFL, and Shadeur Sanders staring at you right in the face. Tapping his toe as if he's been waiting for you to call his name.

20 hours ago, Dallas94Ware said:

You're still trying to make sense. Stop trying to make sense!!

Jokes aside, I don't think they view this year as a push year. I think they view it as a "Ok Dak, you want to be paid elite money. So go be Elite." If he struggles with less, then you see what Lance can do. If both suck it up. So be it. You know neither is the long term answer anymore and you go into the next off-season with tons of cap space, Deion Sanders looking to make a jump to the NFL, and Shadeur Sanders staring at you right in the face. Tapping his toe as if he's been waiting for you to call his name.

LOL! TouchĂ© my good man. In all seriousness, you’ve known me for, what, close to 25 years now? So you know that I’ll make statements that certainly appear controversial, but they’re rooted in logic. In this case, I agree with your assessment. My perspective is just that, from an organizational standpoint and from a strategic standpoint, that approach doesn’t make sense, as it hurts the team in the near- and long-term. To me, it’s a better decision to cut bait and start the rebuild as quickly as possible to reduce the pain and shorten the rebuild time. Because if (when) Dak fails, not trading him not only cost us massive trade compensation, but will also cost us comp pick compensation, as his value in free agency will now be watered down. It’s a Lose/Lose proposition.

6 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

LOL! TouchĂ© my good man. In all seriousness, you’ve known me for, what, close to 25 years now? 

19 I believe. 2005 us old timers started here I believe.