Feed Me, Part II

WizardHawk

Well, I’d have much preferred a fresh, fully functional set of legs, but this was inevitable. Zeke and Rico split 25 touches, find Deuce 8-12 and hope for the best. 

Curious to see the details. Dallas is on the hook for $6m in dead Zeke money already. 

Edited by WizardHawk

I just can’t with this team anymore not only are we still attributing dead money towards the cap because of Zeke, now we are going to add new money too!! This front office is so inept or incompetent whichever, take your choice of word. 

The worst part about this is not only that Zeke is completely done and wholly ineffective.

It’s that the staff doesn’t have what it takes to phase him out and not give him the ball because he’s one of Jerry’s favorites. 

I am not nearly as pessimistic on this as everyone else seems to be. I really don’t buy that this is an effort to make him our starting RB again. If we get to the middle of the season and he’s touching the ball 15 times a game, I’ll eat my words. But I think there’s a pretty valuable role for him to fill on a 53 man roster and a cheap contract.

Phenomenal lockerroom guy. An absolute professional in the way he works—a terrific influence on young players. The quarterback trust him in pass protection. And he’s still a good short yardage runningback.

I was as frustrated as anyone when we picked him #4. And his bloated, second contract was really brutal. But that’s all past now.

• Like 1

I'm still rolling with my "This is a prove it year" for Dak and McCarthy. Adding Zeke is like giving Dak his security blanket again.

I firmly believe that this FO us done with the Prescott/McCarthy era and is simply playing out the contract.

If they win it all, great! If they belly up, great! We get high picks for the 25 draft.

Our lines have been molded the last 2 years. Lamb is hitting his prime now and should be solid for the next 3 to 5 as is Ferguson, T Smith, Diggs, Bland. Overshown is being highly touted.

If we get 4 comp picks next year and trade one Parsons fir a 1st and 3rd AND Lance lives up to his draft status, we will have:

A dominant Oline for 5 years

A young top 10 QB

A WR and TE to lead this team.

A monster secondary

A solid kicker

A plethora of high picks to take impact starters like:

RB, WR, DT, S, OL

all next year for a 5 year run.

Thats how I see it.

More likely scenario, we go to NFC Div or NFC Champ and are drafting in the mid 20's again and either pay out 50m/yr to our Top 5 QB, or we go with garbage man Trey Lance and watch the next few years of 8-8 to 10-6 seasons leaving us too low to draft a quality QB and too bad to make the playoffs.

4 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I am not nearly as pessimistic on this as everyone else seems to be. I really don’t buy that this is an effort to make him our starting RB again. If we get to the middle of the season and he’s touching the ball 15 times a game, I’ll eat my words. But I think there’s a pretty valuable role for him to fill on a 53 man roster and a cheap contract.

Phenomenal lockerroom guy. An absolute professional in the way he works—a terrific influence on young players. The quarterback trust him in pass protection. And he’s still a good short yardage runningback.

I was as frustrated as anyone when we picked him #4. And his bloated, second contract was really brutal. But that’s all past now.

I agree.

This isn't the perfect scenario I hoped for, but it's post draft and the Cowboys still don't have a RB that's NFL proven. Yes he's washed compared to his prime, but I'm confident Zeke will be at least serviceable at RB and is great in the locker room. Band-aid fix, but better than the alternative of continuing to do nothing.

Really don't understand why any team would sign Dak but at least it was cheap.  Dude couldn't break a tackle or get a yard after contact 2 years ago, he's done!  Feature back is 5yrs in the past at best.  If he's getting 100+ touches this season we're fked

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MaddHatter said:

Really don't understand why any team would sign Dak but at least it was cheap.  Dude couldn't break a tackle or get a yard after contact 2 years ago, he's done!  Feature back is 5yrs in the past at best.  If he's getting 100+ touches this season we're fked

You put “ Dak” instead of Zeke, I would think that they will be looking to add rb before camp starts via trade or pickup someone who gets cut. I can see Carolina letting Sanders go or maybe see if Damon Pierce is available from Houston 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1