2025 NFL Draft Thread

Just now, NickButera said:

That's simply not true. There's a reason Beck went INTO this season as the consensus #1 overall pick. And it's not because he played like a mid rounder. Saying Ewers wasn't playing like a first round pick last year is silly too. 

Beck was okay last season but he did not play like a consensus #1 overall pick. He was just the biggest name for the best team in the country so he got the hype. Quinn Ewers has never been consistently good or healthy at Texas. Both get a huge boost as prospects as high profile starting QB's for elite programs. 

Cam Ward outproduced both of them at a power 5 school over the last two seasons. At one point Washington State was a top 20 team and they finished their season blowing out Colorado and then almost upsetting Washington.

Just now, big_palooka said:

Why? Everyone is enamored with Ward and he's not played anyone and won't until the playoffs. 

I know who Ewers and Beck are regardless of this matchup. 

Yeah it will be interesting to see down the stretch who plays well. We have a body of work for all these guys now and hopefully that continues to grow. I'm now curious who we are going to draft to pair with Bowers/Mayer/Tucker to round out our receiver room on day 2/3. Any thoughts guys?

Just now, big_palooka said:

Why? Everyone is enamored with Ward and he's not played anyone and won't until the playoffs. 

I know who Ewers and Beck are regardless of this matchup. 

Because neither of them have played very well this season and at some point you have to start to separate yourself as a top QB prospect. A bad game from Beck would be the third straight time he underwhelms against top tier competition. 

Who are Ewers and Beck though? Both guys were good but not great last year and were meh on the biggest stage. And they both have played slightly worse this year.

3 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Yeah it will be interesting to see down the stretch who plays well. We have a body of work for all these guys now and hopefully that continues to grow. I'm now curious who we are going to draft to pair with Bowers/Mayer/Tucker to round out our receiver room on day 2/3. Any thoughts guys?

I think we'll probably target a big bodied, traditional X type of WR. Jakobi / Bowers do most of their damage over the middle of the field and Tucker is a deep threat / slot guy. Ideally we'll add someone that can win consistently on the outside. 

Tre Harris would make sense in the second or Nic Anderson later in the draft.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Beck and Ewers both need to show something this weekend

I just don’t get this. Everybody needs to show something every week. That’s the game. Ewers has looked great, just worry about the injuries and Beck while having regressed a little, has not been awful and been rebounding from the Bama game 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Because neither of them have played very well this season and at some point you have to start to separate yourself as a top QB prospect. A bad game from Beck would be the third straight time he underwhelms against top tier competition. 

Who are Ewers and Beck though? Both guys were good but not great last year and were meh on the biggest stage. And they both have played slightly worse this year.

Ewers has played very well this season so far. No idea what you’re talking about. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, FloydFan said:

I just don’t get this. Everybody needs to show something every week. That’s the game. Ewers has looked great, just worry about the injuries and Beck while having regressed a little, has not been awful and been rebounding from the Bama game 

These are the games that prospects separate themselves from the rest of the pack. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

I was underwhelmed with how he looked against Oklahoma and he got hurt again. I don't think he looks any different then he did last season

Well I suggest you rewatch and watch literally all of the other games he’s played this year. Like I said the injuries concern me but as a player on the field I’m more comfortable with him than all of the others. 

• Like 2