2024 Team Outlook

AKRNA

Personally I couldn't care less who wins the starting QB job. We've got 4 young guys, all with NFL talent. We've got the best QB coaches since Shanahan/Kubiak. 

We're running a proven NFL offense, returning all but a couple of starters on offense. So, let the kids play and start whichever guy gives the team the best chance of success. That will sort itself out during TC.

• Like 3

On 5/4/2024 at 4:04 PM, AKRNA said:

How 'bout this?

Nix looks good in preseason but is still way behind Wilson and Stidham. Stidham signs a short extension, starts and really lights it up, top 5 stuff. About mid season he goes down for 4 games, Wilson comes in and shows why he was the 2nd pick a few years ago, playing just great. 

Being out of the playoffs Nix starts the last game and plays well, showing he's ready to start.

During the offseason Paton gets back the draft picks he gave up for Russ, trading both Stidham and Wilson. Nix stays as our QB, signs team friendly deals and after a decade or so retires with multiple rings and everybody lives happily ever after!

Beat that @jsthomp2007.

I will.  I do not remember Luther Ellis being on the 2015 Super Bowl team.  And I really don't remember him being a captain.  It's driving me nuts why I don't remember this. 

But in terms of your analysis, I asked my Magic 8 Ball if this will happen, and it came back as, "most likely."

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jsthomp2007 said:

I will.  I do not remember Luther Ellis being on the 2015 Super Bowl team.  And I really don't remember him being a captain.  It's driving me nuts why I don't remember this. 

But in terms of your analysis, I asked my Magic 8 Ball if this will happen, and it came back as, "most likely."

Who's Luther Ellis? Maybe Elliss?

Probably why you don't remember it is because it's not true. 

18 hours ago, BroncoBruin said:

I don’t think anyone knew about this until the Broncos drafted his son. Kinda weird it never made the rounds at the time. He was an excellent player. 

Good find!

• Like 1

Vele, Nix, and Watson have shined bright from everything I heard this rookie Mini camp. The hype surrounding this offense is getting surreal.  This is the most excited I've been for an offense since PFM was here. Sean Payton looks a lot happier in his presser he has people calling him sunshine now lol.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

Vele, Nix, and Watson have shined bright from everything I heard this rookie Mini camp. The hype surrounding this offense is getting surreal.  This is the most excited I've been for an offense since PFM was here. Sean Payton looks a lot happier in his presser he has people calling him sunshine now lol.

Yeah Sean is giddy with what he has to work with. I’ve been burned by this team before and in the not so distant past so I’m taking a wait and see approach. But even still, I will admit that I am liking the fact that there is a plan and a direction for the team and this franchise. I still have my doubts that Nix’s ceiling is anything beyond an above average starter I do have faith in Sean’s ability to get a lot out of him. 

• Like 3

I didn’t get a chance to watch much college football this year, so I went back and watched our draft picks.  

I think my favorite pick is the Estime selection.  He plays faster than his times at the combine and I think he will quickly turn into a fan favorite with his size and running style.  

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, germ-x said:

I didn’t get a chance to watch much college football this year, so I went back and watched our draft picks.  

I think my favorite pick is the Estime selection.  He plays faster than his times at the combine and I think he will quickly turn into a fan favorite with his size and running style.  

I think 40 times are a pretty ridiculous indicator of football speed. TD had awful 40 times but his 10yd plus other drills were good.

How many times in a game does a guy, any guy get to just run all out for 40 yds?

17 hours ago, AKRNA said:

I think 40 times are a pretty ridiculous indicator of football speed. TD had awful 40 times but his 10yd plus other drills were good.

How many times in a game does a guy, any guy get to just run all out for 40 yds?

https://www.reddit.com/r/DenverBroncos/comments/hoedo5/greene_tbt_9131998_terrell_davis_with_2/

I didn't realize this occured on my birthday.  

• Like 1