FF Survivor 4: Reading Votes. Slowly.

"If the game is already over and multiple mistakes were made during the dice rolls, it's important to reflect on what happened and discuss it with the host and the teams involved. In future games, clarify the rules and procedures beforehand to minimize errors. Learning from mistakes can help improve the overall experience for everyone involved."

Jeff's official decision:

In these games, things are missed that could drastically effect the outcome of the game or not effect it at all. This is why it's ideal these things are pointed out at the time rather than at the conclusion.

Going back and fixing them is easy when it just happens. 

Nutter Butters thought a roll I intended for a target should have been a special. This wasn't a mistake at the time since it was intended as a target. I just got ahead of myself and could have saved myself a roll. It was a good roll, but pointless. I see Nutter Butters reason for fault on that. If that roll counted, the raven's missed turn in round two wouldn't have been a missed round since the raven would have been dead. Subsequent targets away from the raven could have been drastically effective on the Loris or the Ax. 

I also see the WB fault for entirely skipping an animal. Two attack against the whale or crab at that point could have drastically effected the game. 

There are two paths towards correction.

1. I re-roll everything from when the Raven was supposed to go. 
2. I count my existing rolls, only filling in when necessary for missed target rolls and for any additional rolls needed. 

I can't decide on which one is the most fair approach while simultaneously granting the Nutter Butters maybe legitimate complaint of re-using superfluous rolls and the Whicker Bickers legitimate complaint of missing turns completely. 

The Whickers Bickers will have to win BOTH alternate timelines in order to overcome the Tough Tiddies element of dice roll games.

If they win BOTH alternate timelines, the Nutter Butts go to tribal council. 

All 100% chances are grouped together. No distinction for flying away or specials or retaliations. 

If a target roll is rendered illegitimate due to the other tribe not having that number of animals remaining, it gets discarded completely. I will roll new target rolls as needed.

Here is where we were at the time the raven missed its turn.

Deathstalker H3 A2 A6 D6
Hairy Frog H11 A1 A1 D6 D2
-Special Crab H3 A1 A4 D5 D2
Shark H7 A5 A5 D3 D2
Raven H1 A3 A3 D4 D2
Whale H8 A2 A3 D1 D4
AX H19
Loris H20 D4 D1
Wolverine H4 D6

1. Scorpion
2. Frog
3. Crab
4. Shark
5. Whale

1. Raven
2. Ax
3. Loris
4. Wolverine

Target Rolls

Chance rolls
92, 77, 97, 57, 94, 44, 43, 18, 64, 1 74, 15, 47, 49, 23, 55, 75, 78, 2, 41, 39, 37, 74, 9, 20, 86, 44, 21, 88, 56

I mean wouldn't the fairest approach would be to re do everything? 

The issue you'll have with #2 is that this might change the total of targets available for the roll of the dice. 

Either way, if we redo it, entirely or not, we need someone from each tribe with the task of checking stuff.

Or who could do this challenge in the better of 3. First team who gets 3 victories wins. Nutters get first one because we're cool. It serves three purposes:

1. More opportunities for whale pooping

2. It's fun

3. It punishes the host, which is something I think everyone can get behind

• Like 3

Raven targets crab (3) and misses (92)

Whale targets wolverine (4) and Misses (77). 

Ax targets whale (5) and misses (97)

Loris targets Crab (3) and misses (0 aim, 5 dodge). 57. This activates crab’s special.

New round. Whale and crab lose a point. 7 points and 2 points.

Raven tries to fly away (94). 

Deathstalker targets Wolverine (4) and hits (44). 2 attack brings Wolverine to 1HP.

Deathstalker chance to venom kill (43). 

Wolverine retaliates. (18). Brings deathstalker to 1HP.

Hairy frog targets Ax (2). Hits (64). Ax to 18 HP.

Crab targets Loris(3). Crab and loris lose a point. Crab 1HP, Loris 19HP. Crab chance to grab another animal (1). Hit. Other animal target 3 (Wolverine since Loris was the target). Uses wolverine to attack Loris (74) hit. One point from wolverine and Loris. Wolverine down to 2. Loris down to 18.

Wolverine chance to retaliate (15). Hit. Crab is dead.

Shark target 4 wolverine. Hit 47. Wolverine dead. Wolverine retaliates (49). Shark to 5 HP.

Raven target (4). Shark. 23 hit. Shark loses 1 HP. Down to 4. Whale target (5 is removed, 3 is next, Loris). Whale and Loris lose HP. Whale 6HP, Loris 17HP. wHALE ROLLS 55 (Hit). Whale takes 2 health from Loris. Loris down to 15HP.

Ax target (2), frog. Rolls 75. Misses. 

Loris targets scorpion (1). Scorpion dodges the 78. 

Whale loses health point. Down to 5HP.

Raven chance to fly away. Succeeds (2). Raven is now GONE until only one NB animal remains. 

New order for Nutter Butter targets Ax 1, Loris 2. 

Deathstalker targets Loris. Loris and Deathstalker lose point. Deathstalker will be dead after his turn. Loris down to 14HP. Deathstalker hits Loris. Loris to 13HP.

New order for WB Targets: 1. Frog 2. Shark 3. Whale

Hairy frog targets Loris. Both lose point. Frog 10, Loris 12. Frog 39, another point from Loris. Loris HP 11. 

Shark target 3 void, 2 Loris. Both lose point. Shark 3. Loris 10. Shark auto hits Loris. Loris to 5 HP.

wHALE TARGets ax. 37 is a hit on Ax. Ax loses 2 health points. Down to 16. 

Ax targets shark. 74 is a miss.

Loris targets frog (1). Loris hits frog (9). Frog is down to 9HP. fROG TAKES POint away from Loris. Loris down to 4HP.

Frog targets Loris. Both lose point. Frog to 8, Loris to 3. Frog rolls a 20 to hit Loris. Loris down to 2 HP.

sHARK TARGETS loris. Both lose HP. Shark to 2, Loris to 1. Shark autohits Loris. Loris is dead.

Whale automatically targets ax. Does not take a target roll. Autohits ax. Ax loses 2HP. 

ax targets shark. rolls 86. misses.

Hairy frog autohits ax. ax to 13. 

Shark autohits ax. Ax to 8.

Whale autohits ax. Ax to 6.

Ax targets frog. Rolls 44. hits. both lose point. Frog to 7. ax to 5. 

frog autohits ax for 1. ax to 4.

Shark autohits ax. ax is dead. 

TLDR:

The raven flew away, but there were three animals left in Nutter’s group and it being gone hurt its ability to help attack.

If it went up against the frog, it would have died any attack it had. If it went up against the whale, it the whale would have kept disappearing a round and having free shots on the raven.

If it went up against the shark, the shark would have auto hit it on its turn.

Jeff feels better having gone through it again.

I think the Ax was a great decoy, but up against the shark there was a severe attack power disadvantage.

Unless the Puff Adder had bitten the shark, I think there was no way for the Whickers Bickers to win with the animals they had.

2 hours ago, MacReady said:

TLDR:

The raven flew away, but there were three animals left in Nutter’s group and it being gone hurt its ability to help attack.

If it went up against the frog, it would have died any attack it had. If it went up against the whale, it the whale would have kept disappearing a round and having free shots on the raven.

If it went up against the shark, the shark would have auto hit it on its turn.

And where was all of this done? 

• MacReady changed the title to FF Survivor 4: Reading Votes. Slowly.