Raider Offseason Workouts (Rookie minicamp, OTAs & more)

36 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Team is shaping up like the recent Titan teams. Strong defense, play making skill positions and no QB to make it go. Zeus is about to get 25+ carries in a stacked box. 

Man do I ever hope teams stack the box vs. us. A receiving core of Adams/Meyers/Tucker/Bowers/Mayer all left 1 on 1 would be a death sentence for D's... regardless of who is tossing them the rock. 

I think people are majorly sleeping on AOC around here. He won't ever be a top 10 QB but he will keep us in  a lot of games with that surrounding cast.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Man do I ever hope teams stack the box vs. us. A receiving core of Adams/Meyers/Tucker/Bowers/Mayer all left 1 on 1 would be a death sentence for D's... regardless of who is tossing them the rock. 

I think people are majorly sleeping on AOC around here. He won't ever be a top 10 QB but he will keep us in  a lot of games with that surrounding cast.

Aoc gotta show something to make teams respect his arm. Imo supporting cast doesn’t matter if they can’t get the opportunities 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I saw that KC game where they stacked the box and AOC didn't complete a pass for 3 quarters. I'm going to need to see a lot from AOC to erase that game.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I saw that KC game where they stacked the box and AOC didn't complete a pass for 3 quarters. I'm going to need to see a lot from AOC to erase that game.

That can never happen again. He must of showed a lot in practice because he should’ve been cut for that game.

1 hour ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

That can never happen again. He must of showed a lot in practice because he should’ve been cut for that game.

He was a 4th round rookie, let's not go crazy. But there was little to be excited about with him for me to think he makes a jump into midrange starter. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

He was a 4th round rookie, let's not go crazy. But there was little to be excited about with him for me to think he makes a jump into midrange starter. 

In fairness, JMD and Co did him absolutely no favors whatsoever in his rookie development -- but you're right, we won that game very much in spite of AOC and he needs to show he can take a ginormous step forward.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, big_palooka said:

He should improve a lot. He’s the all-time accuracy leader at Purdue and Drew Brees was there.

1 hour ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

He should improve a lot. He’s the all-time accuracy leader at Purdue and Drew Brees was there.

if he had a better deep ball, which he had a few nice passes deep last year or could move little better id be little more pumped. But all we need from QB is 27 td 12 int type year 3500-3700 yards. 

• Like 1

On 6/13/2024 at 5:53 PM, big_palooka said:

Team is shaping up like the recent Titan teams. Strong defense, play making skill positions and no QB to make it go. Zeus is about to get 25+ carries in a stacked box. 

I think that’s a tad pessimistic. I mean, both QBs will be better than we had last year and Jacobs/White wasn’t running against stacked boxes then every week was he after AP took over? He may have the odd game where we can’t throw and our O looks pedestrian but it’s certainly not going to be every week.

Now, I don’t think we’ll suddenly turn into the 2000 Rams but things noticeably loosened up after we replaced Garoppolo with O’Connell and teams couldn’t stack the box any more. I see a slight improvement, we’re not going to set the world alight but we should be ‘adequate’ I feel with just enough to keep defences honest.

On 6/13/2024 at 6:44 PM, NCOUGHMAN said:

Aoc gotta show something to make teams respect his arm. Imo supporting cast doesn’t matter if they can’t get the opportunities 

He did last year though? There was a noticeable shift after we swapped out the utterly useless Garoppolo and suddenly teams had to respect the deep or even intermediate ball. We all saw that didn’t we?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

He should improve. But how high is his ceiling? Hint.... it's not Drew Brees level. That stat is meaningless.

14 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

He should improve. But how high is his ceiling? Hint.... it's not Drew Brees level. That stat is meaningless.

I quoted the stat to show he’s accurate, which he wasn’t a lot last year.

2 hours ago, Darbsk said:

He did last year though? There was a noticeable shift after we swapped out the utterly useless Garoppolo and suddenly teams had to respect the deep or even intermediate ball. We all saw that didn’t we?

Went from utterly useless to kinda useless lol. It was impossible circumstances with oc who never was a oc and a incomplete playbook tho. Besides the 2nd charger game he never really impressed me. Give him the benefit of the doubt tho