2024 Washington Training Camp Discussion/Videos

15 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Just cut him or find a trade partner. He's a freak athlete that sucks at football. It happens. 

Yeah he def just hasn't been able to put in the work to not just be a see and chase player. whatever the team does I'm okay with. its not like we have seen greatness at that spot so far so what can it hurt right now. I doubt he makes it but maybe something crazy happens. I doubt it but I wouldn't keep him over a better player and I don't believe they would.

I thought I read a post here about signing a kicker, Riley Patterson. I can't seem to find it. Kinda ironic that the Jags cut him last year to sign McManus. He's bounced around but been pretty good . 88% F G record. Glad we at least now have a competition . Guess a bunch of kickers will be cut on final cutdowns .

Offense looked very sharp on matchup drills.  Jayden looked very good, but I thought at times the best looking ball came from…….Jeff Driskel?  Hard for me to believe I actually typed that, but my friend who came with me said the same thing.  Dante Fowler had a nice disruption and pushed Daniels from the pocket, but he escaped.  

They had refs there that were calling penalties as well- thought that was an interesting touch, and an interesting data point for the coaches to have.  

On punt return drills, Castro-Fields got hit hard, and was checked for a concussion.  A lot of players were wearing the new helmets that looked extremely strange, but I would say at least 66% had them on.  

Wylie at times looked completely disengaged from the rest of the team, standing at the back of the line with his helmet off and not talking to many teammates.  I wonder if the writing is on the wall that he’s getting cut.  

Finally, welcome to the Commanders Tyler Biadasz, who goes from Pro Bowl with the Cowboys and a state of the art stadium, to using the standard porta pot that is available to the rest of us fans.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Offense looked very sharp on matchup drills.  Jayden looked very good, but I thought at times the best looking ball came from…….Jeff Driskel?  Hard for me to believe I actually typed that, but my friend who came with me said the same thing.  Dante Fowler had a nice disruption and pushed Daniels from the pocket, but he escaped.  

They had refs there that were calling penalties as well- thought that was an interesting touch, and an interesting data point for the coaches to have.  

On punt return drills, Castro-Fields got hit hard, and was checked for a concussion.  A lot of players were wearing the new helmets that looked extremely strange, but I would say at least 66% had them on.  

Wylie at times looked completely disengaged from the rest of the team, standing at the back of the line with his helmet off and not talking to many teammates.  I wonder if the writing is on the wall that he’s getting cut.  

Finally, welcome to the Commanders Tyler Biadasz, who goes from Pro Bowl with the Cowboys and a state of the art stadium, to using the standard porta pot that is available to the rest of us fans.  

Wasn’t Driskell the top overall high school recruit at one point? 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

It should come as no surprise to @Thaiphoon that our players have to use the same porta pots as the rest of us plebs at training camp. We can’t even get those guys the trailer ones. 

Meet the new owners. Same as the old owners.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

It should come as no surprise to @Thaiphoon that our players have to use the same porta pots as the rest of us plebs at training camp. We can’t even get those guys the trailer ones. 

BTW- that just reminded me to start making calls and to send a nicely worded email to them about the lack of porta pots in the parking lots at the stadium. 

• Like 1

Tyler Owens is having a good practice today had anothe INT. had another INT earlier in practice. Hometown boy is big and fast. He should have a chance in making the roster if he continues to flash his big play potential.  

31 minutes ago, 4209 said:

Tyler Owens is having a good practice today had anothe INT. had another INT earlier in practice. Hometown boy is big and fast. He should have a chance in making the roster if he continues to flash his big play potential.  

Seeing his name a lot more than our 5th round safety Dominique Hampton !

• Like 1