2024 Washington Training Camp Discussion/Videos

14 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

Just read an article says we had the worst L G play of all 32 teams last year, and it doesn't look improved. Maybe Coleman needs to start there and Lucas a L T..

Yeah I wasn't a fan of the Allegretti signing. I think its a lot like the Nick Gates signing. A back up who you use in case of emergency except we're starting him. I think there were some really good options along the OL in free agency and I really wish we would've gone for some more impactful guys. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Yeah I wasn't a fan of the Allegretti signing. I think its a lot like the Nick Gates signing. A back up who you use in case of emergency except we're starting him. I think there were some really good options along the OL in free agency and I really wish we would've gone for some more impactful guys. 

Yeah I’ve been here. I’m not buying the Allegretti play. I hope he excels but it’s def a position we can upgrade. Also I understand they couldn’t fill everything. So ideally we can find 2 more plus level players through draft and FA this next offseason and we’re looking at a really promising unit because I do like Tyler and Sam a lot. And Coleman the prospect was someone I was higher on grade wise then where he went so I’m hoping that comes together.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, turtle28 said:

How are you judging “it didn't improve?” 

I did see Algretti as an improvement. A one armed guy playing LG . He can't have full strenght in his left arm with a torn UCL . Do you think he's an upgrade or are you just back to your cantankerous ways ! 😉

Edited by RSkinGM

7 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

I did see Algretti as an improvement. A one armed guy playing LG . He can't have full strenght in his left arm with a torn UCL . Do you think he's an upgrade or are you just back to your cantankerous ways ! 😉

I think you’re guessing that the UCL is going to affect him which neither one of us know if it will or not. Guys play in the NFL with huge elbow braces all the time and we never know exactly what their injuries are.

I definitely think Algretti is an upgrade over what we had at LG since Rivera cut Flowers two years ago. I don’t expect him to be a pro bowler or anything but if he’s average/serviceable then that’s an upgrade.

I think Cosmi will be good enough where he can handle his guy one on one a lot so that frees up Tyler B to help Algretti at LG double team the DT on that side. 

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

I think you’re guessing that the UCL is going to affect him which neither one of us know if it will or not. Guys play in the NFL with huge elbow braces all the time and we never know exactly what their injuries are.

I definitely think Algretti is an upgrade over what we had at LG since Rivera cut Flowers two years ago. I don’t expect him to be a pro bowler or anything but if he’s average/serviceable then that’s an upgrade.

I think Cosmi will be good enough where he can handle his guy one on one a lot so that frees up Tyler B to help Algretti at LG double team the DT on that side. 

well we'll have to just disagree on this one. Arm aside- he's barely serviceable but he is tough !

2 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

well we'll have to just disagree on this one. Arm aside- he's barely serviceable but he is tough !

What is everyone basing this on? I see you and @lavar703 bashing the signing & we haven’t even played a regular season game yet. What are you guys basing him sucking on?

I find it hard to believe that Adam Peters would sign a guard & then that guard ends up being worse than Nick Gates was for us last year. I just don’t believe it right now. I could be totally wrong about that, but I don’t believe that Peters is going to sign someone as a projected starter unless they can play at at least a serviceable level.

• Like 1

Makes sense to me if Sainristil starts on the outside & then Davis or St. Juste - whoever doesn’t start opposite him - comes in when they go to 3 CBs & Sainristil drops down to slot.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Makes sense to me if Sainristil starts on the outside & then Davis or St. Juste - whoever doesn’t start opposite him - comes in when they go to 3 CBs & Sainristik drops down to slot.

Says a lot about the player, but also about the current talent level 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Says a lot about the player, but also about the current talent level 

For sure. We knew it last year especially after Tez & Chase were traded away that our roster was one of the worst in the NFL bc Rivera was either in over his head trying to be a HC & GM or, he just wasn’t capable of being a GM. At the least Rivera was complacent in trying to improve the roster. The roster certainly was worse last year than the roster he inherited from Jay Gruden, Kyle Smith & Bruce which says a whole hell of a lot.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, turtle28 said:

For sure. We knew it last year especially after Tez & Chase were traded away that our roster was one of the worst in the NFL bc Rivera was either in over his head trying to be a HC & GM or, he just wasn’t capable of being a GM. At the least Rivera was complacent in trying to improve the roster. The roster certainly was worse last year than the roster he inherited from Jay Gruden, Kyle Smith & Bruce which says a whole hell of a lot.

They def failed to develop and coach up players. So for whatever they say about how bad of a GM he was his coaching was even worse

• Like 1

On 8/22/2024 at 9:20 AM, MikeT14 said:

Chiefs fans liked him (unlike Wylie). I am not sure I get the hate either.

It’s not hate. I just don’t see him as anything more than what we had already. You guys can and that’s totally fine. I just don’t. 

• Like 1