2024 Schedule. 17 games, or more...?

6 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

How long are you going to be there for? What are your interests and food preferences? 

We'll be flying in Saturday afternoon and flying back out Tuesday afternoon. Don't remember the exact hotel offhand, but I know it's less than a quarter mile from the stadium so we can walk there. The wife and I both love microbreweries and consider ourselves foodies that can enjoy just about any type of food - from burgers like the one mentioned earlier to experimental plates with exotic food types. As long as it's quality, what's on the plate almost doesn't matter. We'll find something on a menu. For beers, we're not IPA/Sour people, but everything else is on the table with our preference being heavier and higher-content beers (imperial stouts, porters, ales, Belgians, barleywines, etc).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, y2lamanaki said:

We'll be flying in Saturday afternoon and flying back out Tuesday afternoon. Don't remember the exact hotel offhand, but I know it's less than a quarter mile from the stadium so we can walk there. The wife and I both love microbreweries and consider ourselves foodies that can enjoy just about any type of food - from burgers like the one mentioned earlier to experimental plates with exotic food types. As long as it's quality, what's on the plate almost doesn't matter. We'll find something on a menu. For beers, we're not IPA/Sour people, but everything else is on the table with our preference being heavier and higher-content beers (imperial stouts, porters, ales, Belgians, barleywines, etc).

hmm... how do you feel about pillaging? plundering?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, y2lamanaki said:

Gotta recommend the Surly Beer Garden. Their “Furious” beer is my favorite, and it is an IPA, but doesn’t taste like one, to me. But they generally have about 20 of their brews on tap. https://surlybrewing.com/beer-hall-and-beer-garden/

Matt’s Bar is the classic place for a Juicy Lucy. Spoon and Stable is a great fine dining place. 

It doesn’t matter where you go. According to Anthony Edwards, the most important thing is that you Bring Ya A$$ (unless you’re from Dallas. Then stay home).

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

Matt’s Bar is the classic place for a Juicy Lucy. Spoon and Stable is a great fine dining place. 

does Birk still own it?

@y2lamanaki, Matt Birk was an All Pro center for us taken in the 6th round (a local kid who went to Harvard), and one of our most successful late round picks. he went on to start for the Ravens and won a Super Bowl with them. i can't remember who the Ravens played in that SB.... some lesser team, i guess....

Birk.jpg

Edited by vike daddy
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

Matt’s Bar is the classic place for a Juicy Lucy

It's true that is one of the classic places for the lucy; 5-8 club being the other. I don't think either is near the best Lucy though. For me, The Nook and Groveland Tap are the best Juicy Lucys in town. Hell's Kitchen also did a pretty good lucy.

The Lucy at Wendy's House of Soul is interesting. I liked it a fair amount, but it isn't a traditional lucy so I wouldn't recommend it to anyone that hasn't already tried a few traditional Lucys. IF you live up in the metro or for anyone visiting for a long duration I would recommend it.

If you only have time for one, I suggest the Guy Fieri Lucy at the Nook (the one that is topped with roast beef). It's close enough to the traditional that you get a feel for that, but it's also better.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Sir Fobos said:

Why don't you guys start/pin a topic for visiting the Minneapolis area for Vikings home games?

Eh. We have more than a page of active threads right now. It's great!

If there was one for your suggestion I don't think it would get a lot of chatter and would drop down and away. 

My two cents.

• 2 weeks later...