2024 Schedule. 17 games, or more...?

1 hour ago, Socrates said:

There is a not-so-crazy chance they start out 0-8 for the season...I'll be at the NYG game with my brother in law so I hope to god they win here.

My prediction: they finish the season with somewhere between 2 and 14 wins.

There's a better chance they start 8-0 than 0-8...but either scenario has miniscule chances at best.  I think they'll be 4-4. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, jofos said:

So if McCarthy isn't the week one starter when do they go to him.

It depends on how the team is doing with Darnold leading them.  They have also said that McCarthy has some prerequisite milestones that he'll have to hit. Presumably, their plan is to leave McCarthy on the bench for as long as that takes even is Darnold is floundering. In reality, they need to sell tickets so there is some amount of failure that may get them to have flexibility with their plan.  I hope we don't have to see that tested.

• Like 1

I love how the NFL completely dropped the ball on Kirk Cousins coming back to Minnesota lol 

It goes to show though: the NFL doesn't care about showcasing your team unless you have a known good starting QB. Atlanta has that. It's TBD if we do.

Posted (edited)

I have to go up to MN later this year to deal with some family stuff, I get to pick when, so this can help me decide when to go, as maybe I can finally get to US Bank (none of the road games are reasonable for me this year).  The most likely one then is the Houston game...because after that, it wouldn't be reasonable to go until either the Cardinals or Falcons games (I really don't want to see Indy again, as I saw them at the Metrodome back in '08). 

Edited by swede700
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, jofos said:

So if McCarthy isn't the week one starter when do they go to him.

It does depend upon how they're doing with Darnold, but I would suspect the Colts game or the Cardinals game would be the ideal time to start him, if they start him at all.

Posted (edited)

The schedule was built for Darnold to take the early lumps and give JJ time to take over mid-season. Everyone for the most part knows KOC is not going to play JJ early and be cautious. I can see week 9 is when the NFL can see KOC possibly playing JJ if he is ready.  I say this because of the early bye and the mini-bye after the Rams with a home game afterward. That 8 game run after the Rams game is very winnable where the Vikings could make a run 

Edited by dc_vikingfan