Jets 2024 General Talks

JetsandI

On 7/3/2024 at 8:56 PM, rickyt31 said:

Getting back into gaming. Very interested in seeing what the new Jets ratings will be on Madden. I'm winning 5 super bowls with Jordan Travis. 

I'll likely wait again until Madden is < $20 before buying it. But I think I'm going to get NCAA on release.

• Like 1

On 7/8/2024 at 9:55 AM, NJerseypaint said:

I'll likely wait again until Madden is < $20 before buying it. But I think I'm going to get NCAA on release.

I got the bundle for both. I figured spend the $150 and have a reason to stay in the house. 

• Like 1

I'm currently looking for a Xbox/CFB25 bundle. They normally have something like that for big games.  I haven't had a system since 2014 when they stopped making the game. I'm currently using xbox PC pass, but they're not going to have CFB but they will have Madden. 

That's about where I'm at. Might do Madden mid season but probably getting college soon after launch

• 4 weeks later...

The Jets need to figure this out with Reddick. He is a must for this team. Our defense is only as good as the pressure we can put on the QB with 4 man rushes and we lost Huff, so Reddick is a important piece as McDonald hasn't shown hes that guy yet. Ideally, McDonald will be the 3rd man rotating in. 

I watched the green and white scrimmages. One thing I've noticed is our OL looks much better than last season.  Olu looks much better than Becton at pass pros. 

45 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

The Jets need to figure this out with Reddick. He is a must for this team. Our defense is only as good as the pressure we can put on the QB with 4 man rushes and we lost Huff, so Reddick is a important piece as McDonald hasn't shown hes that guy yet. Ideally, McDonald will be the 3rd man rotating in. 

I watched the green and white scrimmages. One thing I've noticed is our OL looks much better than last season.  Olu looks much better than Becton at pass pros. 

What's the most probable conclusion? I don't see the Jets trying to set a precedent of giving in to players demanding more money, but would giving him more upfront money this year be that? Or is Reddick demanding more money and years, and won't budge?

4 hours ago, NJerseypaint said:

What's the most probable conclusion? I don't see the Jets trying to set a precedent of giving in to players demanding more money, but would giving him more upfront money this year be that? Or is Reddick demanding more money and years, and won't budge?

I have no idea, it doesn't seem like anyone is really answering that. But when we are trying to win this season it is not something to be messing with because Reddick is gonna be a huge part of the success of this team. Without having that elite edge rusher this defense will suffer. I don't think McDonald has shown enough yet to be relied on as the guy. 

If Reddick won't practice by final week of TC then screw him.   No way for Jets to fork big $$ and then stuck with heavy debt if he gets hurt some point during the season.   Losing 3rd round pick for nothing sucks but it is salary cap that concerns Jets the most in near future.

The issue is unless we add another edge, we are screwed. This defense requires a pass rush from the front 4. We let Huff walk.  Reddick is one of the best players on this defense.

Mike Williams was activated off PUP list. Hopefully he gets up to speed and can be a factor. He'll be a nice fit here with that 6'4 frame and ability to make contested grabs. 

Surprised there wasn't a game thread. 

Allen is going to be really good in rotation. 

It feels good to have solid looking QBs. Martinez and Peasley battle for practice squad will be interesting.  

8 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

Surprised there wasn't a game thread. 

Allen is going to be really good in rotation. 

It feels good to have solid looking QBs. Martinez and Peasley battle for practice squad will be interesting.  

E_JB2_0090

This man looks good too. The draft class is full of quality players it seems.