Titans OTA/Training Camp Thread

I wonder if we see a career year from Rashad Weaver. He is in a contract season. He is getting a fresh start with a new coach. I always thought he had enough talent to produce. It never seemed as if he and the Vrabel crew clicked, being a healthy scratch quite a bit. I feel it's possible he will get a bigger role this year. 

Will be interesting to see how some of our young players do with a new set of eyes and mindset at coaching.

On 7/19/2024 at 6:15 PM, twotonebluenation said:

I wonder if we see a career year from Rashad Weaver. He is in a contract season. He is getting a fresh start with a new coach. I always thought he had enough talent to produce. It never seemed as if he and the Vrabel crew clicked, being a healthy scratch quite a bit. I feel it's possible he will get a bigger role this year. 

Will be interesting to see how some of our young players do with a new set of eyes and mindset at coaching.

I don't see it with him.. I would much rather them use in on pass rushing downs to help replace Autry, form the interior. He simply can't win on the edge in the NFL

On 7/17/2024 at 11:35 PM, KingTitan said:

Burks supporters assemble!!!!!

I'll bite, I still think fans should be more patient with Burkes. Its not fair that he gets all fan vitriol for a bad decision Jon Robinson did. He's entering his 3rd year with his 3rd different OC. He hasn't been able to stay healthy, neither did most of the roster in the Vrabel era. Granted this is his last chance in NAshville, but this is the best possible position he could be in. New position coach, new OC, new playcaller, new GM, new training/recovery staff, No expectations, finally healthy, still alot of talent, a young QB looking to be aggressive, a wide open offense that affords WRs more opportunities. I think its okay to have some optimism about Burks' potential this year.

In fact one of my early, perhaps irrational, predictions for the roster is that Burkes will be getting more snaps than Tyler Boyd by Thanksgiving and it won't be because of injury to Boyd. Not saying Burkes will be the slot, but that his presence will necessitate them rotating guys around to get Burkes on the field. 

Right now Club Burkes is just me and Ron Slay, but we'll keep some bottles on ice for everyone. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Uphill battle for him.

Even before injury he wasn't crazy explosive. Great college RB, but I think translated to the speed of avg, below average RB in the NFL. 
Haskins was pretty good in pass pro his rookie year and may fit in better with Cally's offense. 
I could see him being a budget Mixon type player (talking of Haskins). Mixon never had breakaway speed but was consistent runner. 

14 hours ago, Chocolateman78 said:

I'll bite, I still think fans should be more patient with Burkes. Its not fair that he gets all fan vitriol for a bad decision Jon Robinson did. He's entering his 3rd year with his 3rd different OC. He hasn't been able to stay healthy, neither did most of the roster in the Vrabel era. Granted this is his last chance in NAshville, but this is the best possible position he could be in. New position coach, new OC, new playcaller, new GM, new training/recovery staff, No expectations, finally healthy, still alot of talent, a young QB looking to be aggressive, a wide open offense that affords WRs more opportunities. I think its okay to have some optimism about Burks' potential this year.

In fact one of my early, perhaps irrational, predictions for the roster is that Burkes will be getting more snaps than Tyler Boyd by Thanksgiving and it won't be because of injury to Boyd. Not saying Burkes will be the slot, but that his presence will necessitate them rotating guys around to get Burkes on the field. 

Right now Club Burkes is just me and Ron Slay, but we'll keep some bottles on ice for everyone. 

Hey I'm on the Burks train. I still think he can a very good NFL WR.  I still see his flashes as a rookie and how we were so excited about his play.  
He has to stay healthy but I'm on the Burks train!