Titans OTA/Training Camp Thread

12 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Like clockwork right now.
Seems Phillips is destroying people in camp and 1 on 1s.  If he can stay health (like so many) he could really make a name for himself. 

Phillips is a good player. He hasn't been able to stay healthy. I expect him to be big on some 3rd downs this season. Kid can get open. 

5 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

That Levis-Ridley deep ball miss is becoming worrisome. 

Just have to get use to Ridley speed that’s all but no doubt that’s why I feel it’s important they play together in preseason, more reps the better 

Posted (edited)

https://x.com/tompelissero/status/1824039866574819436?s=46&t=zvLLmt4RdwEc41Z-sHBpsA

welp the edge market is drying up with Lawson signed and Judon traded to the Falcons. I guess they’re fine with invisible Weaver starting opposite of Landry with no depth at all behind them. Wilson is going to have to blitz damn near every play to get any kind of pressure.

Edited by ttitansfan4life

2022 Weaver I'm OK with as an Edge 3, in a vacuum.  2024 Weaver, nah.  And gambling on our Edge 3 to play closer to his ceiling feels a lot riskier when our Edge 2 is already below average, and our Edge 1 isn't a superstar.  Hopefully either Ray can be reclaimed, Harrell plays fantastically for a Day 3 rookie, or Murphy makes a big jump.  Then at least our depth could be solid when Key comes back.

But at a minimum, our Edge group is gonna be below average.

Maybe our IDL will be good enough to make up for it, but having a weak contain on the edge along with a questionable ILB situation isn't a good combination for your defense to have.

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, renndawg37 said:

Phillips is a good player. He hasn't been able to stay healthy. I expect him to be big on some 3rd downs this season. Kid can get open. 

I doubt Philips makes the team. Ridley, Hopkins, Boyd, Burks, NWI, and I think the rookie Jackson makes it because so far he doesn’t drop the ball on returns. That’s 6. NWI is reliable and a good special teamer. Now if Hopkins begins season on IR or whatever they call it now-a-days, that opens up another spot.

Edited by ttitansfan4life

2 hours ago, Daniel said:

2022 Weaver I'm OK with as an Edge 3, in a vacuum.  2024 Weaver, nah.  And gambling on our Edge 3 to play closer to his ceiling feels a lot riskier when our Edge 2 is already below average, and our Edge 1 isn't a superstar.  Hopefully either Ray can be reclaimed, Harrell plays fantastically for a Day 3 rookie, or Murphy makes a big jump.  Then at least our depth could be solid when Key comes back.

But at a minimum, our Edge group is gonna be below average.

Maybe our IDL will be good enough to make up for it, but having a weak contain on the edge along with a questionable ILB situation isn't a good combination for your defense to have.

The hope is that Wilson's defense can generate pressure and sacks similar to the Ravens last year when they had Kyle Van Noy and Clowney as their edges.