Official 2025 QB Thread

goldfishwars

6 minutes ago, RedandPewterReturns said:

It's one thing to bring the talent in but I don't agree he's developing talent

I think it’s moreso the physical development. Penn Stare pumps out superfreaks every year. 

29 minutes ago, Armbar said:

I think it’s moreso the physical development. Penn Stare pumps out superfreaks every year. 

And they underperform every year. There's a reason Penn state alumni and diehard fans want him gone. Atleast 2/3's of the fanbase I'd say. Can't pump out super freaks and never beat Ohio state and Michigan when it counts. 

4 hours ago, Danger said:

I feel like Weigman is the prospect who is being way overhyped right now at this point in the process.

Rly? I think he’s gonna be pretty brutal, but I haven’t seen him ranked highly. He isn’t good and he’s on a team where the whole offense is essentially RPO. I am not a believer, but I figured the NFL was down on him too. 

1 hour ago, Armbar said:

Rly? I think he’s gonna be pretty brutal, but I haven’t seen him ranked highly. He isn’t good and he’s on a team where the whole offense is essentially RPO. I am not a believer, but I figured the NFL was down on him too. 

I'm seeing some people having him as their QB1. Certain people who work for PFF.

1 hour ago, Texansfan713 said:

*Donovan Smith

In a class without a consensus QB1 prospect, there are always going to be guys people choose who they think can take the next step and become that guy. I think Smith is as good a choice as any. You can call it overhyped, but I don't anyone is saying "he's a first round pick right now!". They're just saying he's got that type of potential. (I'm one of these people lol).

1 hour ago, Danger said:

You're a Houston guy aren't you? I usually see folks putting him in the QB7-10 range.

Yeah I am.  I saw a mock that had him as a first round prospect, and I was trying to figure out "based on what?"  If Willie Fritz can turn him into a legit prospect after 1 season then he is a miracle worker lol. 

28 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

There are quite a few old prospects at QB this year as well. DJ Ugaleilei, Gabriel, Van Dyke, Shough, Daniels and KJ Jefferson.

All of them look like late day 3/UDFA types to me.

I loved Tyler Shough 2 years ago. Didn’t watch last season. High upside despite not having any mobility. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

There are quite a few old prospects at QB this year as well. DJ Ugaleilei, Gabriel, Van Dyke, Shough, Daniels and KJ Jefferson.

All of them look like late day 3/UDFA types to me.

If one is talking 5th year players or RS SR players these guys are also all 5th year guys or beyond.  Ward, Rising, Mertz, McCall and Howard could all have really good years.  Smith is super talented but so is TJ Finley in terms of big guys with big arms.  But clearly a ton of them returned to school when some were already a 5th year player, so they are taking full advantage of that.

Cameron Ward Miami FL RS
Cameron Rising Utah RS
Graham Mertz Florida RS
Grayson McCall NC State RS
Will Howard Ohio State RS
Hudson Card Purdue RS
Jaxson Dart Ole Miss RS
TJ Finley Western Kentucky RS
Donovan Smith Houston RS
Will Rogers Washington RS
Max Johnson UNC RS
Hank Bachmeier Wake Forest RS
Gerry Bohanon BYU RS
Payton Thorne Auburn RS
Ryan Hilinski Northwestern RS
Jayden de Laura Texas State RS
Cade McNamara Iowa RS
Taisun Phommachanh UMASS RS

But yes of course not all of them will be drafted, on this list I have 6th guys out of this list being drafted possibly.  That could change of course but clearly only 10-12 QBs will be selected.  11 were selected last year and a potential stud like Michael Pratt was a freaking 7th round pick.  So honestly kind of sucks to be a QB because there is so much competition but smart for guys to stick around and at least get paid in college even though the NFL might never be an option.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Armbar said:

I loved Tyler Shough 2 years ago. Didn’t watch last season. High upside despite not having any mobility. 

He's going to be a 25 year old rookie next year. My guess is he'll just be a camp arm like a lot of college QBs end up being.