Official 2025 QB Thread

goldfishwars

47 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Don't hold your breath with this Wisconsin scheme tbh.

don't hold your breath with van dyke either. there's a reason he got unceremoniously shunted out of miami last year. guy cannot read zone coverage to save his life, and once defenses figured that out it was curtains.

2 hours ago, -Hope- said:

don't hold your breath with van dyke either. there's a reason he got unceremoniously shunted out of miami last year. guy cannot read zone coverage to save his life, and once defenses figured that out it was curtains.

Hold on, are people still trying to make Tyler Van Dyke a thing? I thought he washed out of prospect talks like, 3 years ago.

• Like 1

On 9/11/2024 at 12:20 PM, jebrick said:

The only knock on Beck is his arm strength.  It is NFL average which is fine for a backup.  He could be like Drew Brees if he gets to a decent situation.

The best arm of the bunch is Ward but he needs to solve the turnover issues.

I think Allar has got the best arm. 

Ward should be everyone's QB1 right now though. We really need Miami to get into the playoffs so we can see what he does against top competition. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, minutemancl said:

I think Allar has got the best arm. 

Ward should be everyone's QB1 right now though. We really need Miami to get into the playoffs so we can see what he does against top competition. 

I like Ward as much as the next but he has played Florida, Florida A&M and Ball State!

I agree it will be nice to see him against better competition, best he will play all year arguably is Louisville and that is pretty much it.  If they are not undefeated or at worst 11-1 over the regular season I would be shocked.  

Still while he does that over the season, Milroe will be playing Georgia, South Carolina, Tennessee, Missouri, LSU and Oklahoma.  Then Beck will be playing Alabama, Texas, Ole Miss and Tennessee and Shedeur Sanders will be playing Kansas State, Arizona, Utah, Kansas and Oklahoma State.  And Milroe has already played Wisconsin on the road, Sanders playing Nebraska on the road and Beck playing Clemson and Kentucky already.  

So hard to compare at the moment.  

Tennessee will be a great test for both Beck and Milroe.  The defense looks legit, so they should be under pressure, and Tennessee's offense will put up points, so they can't sit back and rely on a defense.

Miami doesn't look to have a particularly tough team on their schedule.  Especially not on defense.  I guess Cal is the toughest defense they'll be facing.  Louisville, Cal, or Syracuse looks to be their biggest test.  Hopefully Ward plays against whoever their bowl opponent is.

At least Clemson will finish the year against South Carolina.  Klubnik threw a stinker against Georgia.

Miller Moss will face plenty of tough teams with Michigan, Penn State, and Notre Dame on the schedule.

And of course, Jaxson Dart will face a ton of good defenses in Kentucky, South Carolina, Oklahoma, and Georgia.

Most of the top QBs haven't really been tested yet, so I don't think we know all that much just yet.

Edited by Daniel

On 9/17/2024 at 11:16 AM, Mox said:

Ewers being unable to make it through one season without missing time is pretty disheartening. 

I agree big time. I'm knocking him down a ton. Worst case scenario for him this year wasn't even playing badly, it was getting hurt again and Arch Manning showing out. That's exactly what happened last week. The best ability is still availability. He's a small-ish QB who is injury prone and doesn't have a big arm. You hear that or write that down and you don't even really care what the positives are, you're out. At least, that's the way I feel.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

I agree big time. I'm knocking him down a ton. Worst case scenario for him this year wasn't even playing badly, it was getting hurt again and Arch Manning showing out. That's exactly what happened last week. The best ability is still availability. He's a small-ish QB who is injury prone and doesn't have a big arm. You hear that or write that down and you don't even really care what the positives are, you're out. At least, that's the way I feel.

I'm higher on his arm you than are, but if you can't make it through one season of college healthy, with a great OL, how are you going to hold up in the pros?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mox said:

I'm higher on his arm you than are, but if you can't make it through one season of college healthy, with a great OL, how are you going to hold up in the pros?

His release is top notch, and he can spin it, but he doesn't have a big arm.

2 hours ago, minutemancl said:

Ability to throw the ball far. It's possible I'm wrong because I've just totally missed him doing that?

He had an absolute p*ss missile against Alabama in 2022. He has a big arm; his deep accuracy is pretty inconsistent however.

On 9/19/2024 at 10:46 AM, minutemancl said:

If Ward is QB1, then that speaks VOLUMES to your opinion of the QB class as a whole.  And that's not really a knock on Ward.

• Like 1

On 9/20/2024 at 11:43 AM, minutemancl said:

Ability to throw the ball far. It's possible I'm wrong because I've just totally missed him doing that?

I've seen him throw a few huge ones. The Bama one for sure