2017 Pro Bowlers

matt79511

On Jones- apart from the random athletic plays, the guy is 1st in the history of the league in percentage of punts downed inside the 20 and, per PFF, leads the league this year in air time- by some distance.

He may not coffin corner teams inside the 2 or 3 yard line very often, but all in all the guy is one of the best in the league at what he does and deserves due credit. #puntersarepeopletoo

Pro Bowl is a joke. Untill the Great LP is finally recognized and makes his way to the PB I will continue to boycott it! 

That being said, Chris Jones should definitely be recognized as well. Lee would have made it if it wasn’t for his missed games. 

Congrats to the 4 who did make it

49 minutes ago, Tony7188 said:

I think La'el Collins should've made the Pro Bowl. He's made a lot of people eat crow by saying he's a better fit at LG. 

No. Just because he played slightly above average doesn’t mean that he is a pro bowler. Lane Johnson has been way better. 

I don’t even think Tyron deserved it. Not too sure Frederick did either honestly. Mostly living off name. 

Martin definitely deserved it. Not sure about Tyron. He missed games just like Lee(and is about to miss more), but wasn't an All Pro when he did play, unlike Lee. The ATL game shows how big the drop off is without Tyron, but the defense has just as big of a drop off without Lee. For this year Lee > Tyron.

Also if I'm not mistaken, La'el Collins is the same age this year as Zack Martin was his rookie year. He held up well(better than Smith sometimes during Raiders game) this year, and doing it still from a young age. I expect photosynthesis for Collins to accelerate now that he has produced some big healthy leaves.

10 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Martin definitely deserved it. Not sure about Tyron. He missed games just like Lee(and is about to miss more), but wasn't an All Pro when he did play, unlike Lee. The ATL game shows how big the drop off is without Tyron, but the defense has just as big of a drop off without Lee. For this year Lee > Tyron.

I see what you're saying, but Tyron has played 756 offensive snaps (81.8%) to Lee's 512 defensive snaps (54.9%), so take that for what it's worth. Granted a lot of Tyron's snaps have been him visibly playing hurt, but at the same time I don't think you can understate the performance gap in this offense between when he's out there at full capacity vs. when he's not.

It's mostly semantics because it just comes down to Tyron's name value at left tackle vs. the fact that Lee is competing for spots against 3-4 pass rushers.

2 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

I see what you're saying, but Tyron has played 756 offensive snaps (81.8%) to Lee's 512 defensive snaps (54.9%), so take that for what it's worth. Granted a lot of Tyron's snaps have been him visibly playing hurt, but at the same time I don't think you can understate the performance gap in this offense between when he's out there at full capacity vs. when he's not.

It's mostly semantics because it just comes down to Tyron's name value at left tackle vs. the fact that Lee is competing for spots against 3-4 pass rushers.

True

16 hours ago, MightyMouse07 said:

No. Just because he played slightly above average doesn’t mean that he is a pro bowler. Lane Johnson has been way better. 

I don’t even think Tyron deserved it. Not too sure Frederick did either honestly. Mostly living off name. 

Slightly above average? No. Collins has played at a borderline Pro Bowl level at RT imo. I agree that Johnson and Williams deserved it, Tyron didn't due to injury. 

3 hours ago, Tony7188 said:

Slightly above average? No. Collins has played at a borderline Pro Bowl level at RT imo. I agree that Johnson and Williams deserved it, Tyron didn't due to injury. 

The last couple weeks, sure. It took him a while though. He was straight up bad in like 5 of our first 11 games. How often do right tackles get in anyway?

I do think, based on what we've seen recently and at times throughout the year, he absolutely has the potential to be Top 2 or 3 at his position.

Archived