Bears are officially on Hard Knocks

1 hour ago, StLunatic88 said:

Hard Knocks is ALWAYS lame. Thats what is amazing, that year after year everyone forgets that. Its just that we are so starved for football that the orchestra music and the sprinklers and the pads crashing gives everyone a football hard on for a few min.

Overall there is nothing better or worse this year than there has been in the past 4/5 seasons

this is how i normally am. watch the first 1-2 episodes of the season because i'm starved for football, then realize there's nothing important and any good clips hit the internet anyways

i'll watch the whole season because it's the bears, but will revert back next year

I don't hate her by any means.  But I am really not as interested in Simone Biles as HBO seems to think I am.

I am actually not interested at all.  How many NFL fans that are men (HBO primary hard knocks audience) watched the women's gymnastics competition?

Other than a twitter clip.  

I think there is a percentage, but I bet it is small.  

12 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

Hard Knocks is ALWAYS lame. Thats what is amazing, that year after year everyone forgets that. Its just that we are so starved for football that the orchestra music and the sprinklers and the pads crashing gives everyone a football hard on for a few min.

Overall there is nothing better or worse this year than there has been in the past 4/5 seasons

Its biggest problem is that it isn’t really “football” content. It’s semi-choreographed drama with a football aesthetic. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Its biggest problem is that it isn’t really “football” content. It’s semi-choreographed drama with a football aesthetic. 

Its for that exact reason that my wife watches it with me.  This probably isn't really intended for die hards to get an inside peek at all the minutia, its a puff piece to get you to know the players and personalities, etc.  

41 minutes ago, TankWilliams said:

Its for that exact reason that my wife watches it with me.  This probably isn't really intended for die hards to get an inside peek at all the minutia, its a puff piece to get you to know the players and personalities, etc.  

and the occasional totally scripted dialogue w Nick Saban 

10 hours ago, TankWilliams said:

Yep. My wife watched Quarterback with me and the boys for the same reason and she came away really liking Kirk Cousins. “He’s an adorable dork.” 

4 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Bears fans:  I wish Bears would do Hard Knocks.

Bears do Hard Knocks.

Bears fans:  This sucks.

Don’t get me wrong - I’m enjoying it. But it’s football adjacent content about players on a team I care about that I’m only enjoying because it’s the Bears and I’m a sucker for Bears related anything. Seeing some of the back room stuff about convos between CW and coaches is cool and I enjoy seeing personality out of our key guys that we don’t really get to see much (DJ is a super unassuming star and a frickin’ goof ball, and I’m here for all of that). I could do without the narratives about guys who won’t impact the 2024 team much though (QB4, RB5/6, some PS candidate OL from Canada just because he sang a song in a speedo).

We’re getting a lot of Caleb and DJ content so far (good and to be expected) but give me more meeting room stuff. Or tell me a story about a guy trying to work back from injury or at a career crossroads (the Velus stuff fit that mold). Or show me Washington teaching pass rush technique, or Allen and Rome talking about how to best leverage the defender on a certain route or stuff like that. Give me key player stuff. Gervon Dexter is almost surely going to be a huge part of what transpires for the 2024 Bears defense, and I don’t think they’ve even mentioned his name through 2 episodes.

I will say this - some of our defensive personalities who I thought would shine in this environment (Gordon and Brisker spefically, and to a lesser extent Stevenson) have been out the past few weeks, so there’s not really much they can do with them content-wise other than to talk about them being out. But they haven’t even mentioned them. 

Solid episode, but I’ve had my fill of Bagents dad.  He’s so intense.  Bagent basically says he’s auditioning for other teams so that he can compete for a starting job.  But i like him and his attitude, i think that’s good for the team.

Lots of Tory Taylor this episode too.

Sounds like the Bears didn’t get Judon because they wanted an extension before handing over a draft pick.

All the beat reporters said there was a big fight at camp today between the offense and defense, so that’ll be fun to see next week.

I’m shocked how little Warren we’ve seen thus far.  But that scene with him and the other execs talking about a new stadium felt so pointless.

• Like 1

This was best episode by far.  Because it had most football, but with NFL film close up angles and you can hear players.

They show Flus quizzing Caleb on coverages in his office.  

The Bengals practice highlights were best part of show.  They highlighted Jaylon Johnson, Keenan Allen and Caleb dominating.

I guess Keenan Allen isn’t fat and slow.

They showed how slippery it was in rain at Halas.  Feel bad for Bengals that got hurt.  

The Mike wasn’t working in Caleb’s helmet.  Impressive he still could call full plays from a few garbled words.  

They really zoomed in on Flus pretty daughter more than once.  

Santos looks like a small child next to Taylor.

Caleb jokes with refs.  Smart. 

Close up of Odunze catch in corner shown.  He had no idea his feet were out. 

Close ups of his scrambles were cool.  He wouldn’t let go of football he scored his TD with.   Wanted to hold it on sideline.  That was funny.  

End of show was a lot of Bagents dad cheering for his son.  

Taylor was featured throughout show.  I think they like his looks and accent.  

Flus is not a rah rah or fiery coach. I prefer that personally, some guys need that though.

Edited by dll2000
  • Like 1