Which WRs make the roster? (not PS)

dll2000

LWR 2 Moore, DJ T/Car 81 Pettis, Dante U/NYG 86 Swain, Freddie SF24        
RWR 15 Odunze, Rome 24/1 12 Jones Jr., Velus 22/3 80 Johnson, Collin SF23 82 LeBlanc, Peter CF24    
SWR 13 ALLEN, KEENAN T/LAC 10 Scott, Tyler 23/4 83 Webster, Nsimba W/SF 26 Jackson, John CF24

1. Moore

2. Allen

3. Odunze 

I am fairly certain those 3 are in. LOL

4. V. Jones (KR)

5.  Scott 

6.  D. Pettis (PR)

Honestly, a guy currently not on roster could squeeze out Pettis or Scott as Velus as a KR has high value now IMO.

I put a RB at other KR spot with modified rules.  It is most suited to big WRs and RBs.   I think Herbert would be best at it, but I try everyone.

If I am Scott I am asking to field Punts for sure to compete for that spot.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dll2000 said:
LWR 2 Moore, DJ T/Car 81 Pettis, Dante U/NYG 86 Swain, Freddie SF24        
RWR 15 Odunze, Rome 24/1 12 Jones Jr., Velus 22/3 80 Johnson, Collin SF23 82 LeBlanc, Peter CF24    
SWR 13 ALLEN, KEENAN T/LAC 10 Scott, Tyler 23/4 83 Webster, Nsimba W/SF 26 Jackson, John CF24

1. Moore

2. Allen

3. Odunze 

I am fairly certain those 3 are in. LOL

4. V. Jones (KR)

5.  Scott 

6.  D. Pettis (PR)

Honestly, a guy currently not on roster could squeeze out Pettis or Scott as Velus as a KR has high value now IMO.

I put a RB at other KR spot with modified rules.  It is most suited to big WRs and RBs.   I think Herbert would be best at it, but I try everyone.

If I am Scott I am asking to field Punts for sure to compete for that spot.

I would be very surprised if Scott doesn't make the team...

Those are the exact 6 I think they will have. I'd love to see Scott make a role for himself as a space guy, just get quick dump offs and let him make someone miss. I really thought he would be able to do that last year but it was a rough one for him. Velus... should not be a WR4 anywhere. Bleh. 

6 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Velus as a KR has high value now IMO

I wouldn’t call it “high value” at this point yet. We still don’t know how well these rules are going to work, and even if they were to tilt the tables extremely into the return teams favor (I’m still dubious on that) it should be 5-7 plays per game. And even if he was amazing at it, they would just kick it out of the back and give us the extra yardage.

Velus still need to bring more to the table as a weapon in the constructs of the offense for him to keep earning a roster spot. Or I guess become Devin Hester 2.0

14 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Pettis might get beat out by someone.  

Or not.  He has ST experience and with the changes in the rules that may help him.  He also caught 3 TD passes in 2022.  I always allow for a back end of the roster player to be surpassed but it's not as if Pettis only as value as a WR.

9 hours ago, soulman said:

Or not.  He has ST experience and with the changes in the rules that may help him.  He also caught 3 TD passes in 2022.  I always allow for a back end of the roster player to be surpassed but it's not as if Pettis only as value as a WR.

Yes.  If it was decided today Pettis is in.   But other guys will be trying to knock him off.   And it is doable.  

Kind of fun there is a large gap between top of roster guys and bottom of roster guys.   Finally.   

• Like 1

Freddie Swain returned punts for SEA in 2021 when Waldron was their OC (22/189; 8.6 per return), and went 25-343-4 as a WR that season for him. I could see Waldron pushing for him to be the vet who sticks at PR over Pettis.

For comparison as a PR, Pettis in 2022 for us went 18/163 (9.1 per return), his best season in the role. For his career he averages just 6.6 per return overall.

Beyond that, 2, 13 and 15 are locks. Scott is pretty close to a lock. Velus is on the team if he continues to excel as a KR IMO. Absent injury I think it’s those 5, plus one of Swain/Pettis with the other likely on the PS.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Freddie Swain returned punts for SEA in 2021 when Waldron was their OC (22/189; 8.6 per return), and went 25-343-4 as a WR that season for him. I could see Waldron pushing for him to be the vet who sticks at PR over Pettis.

For comparison as a PR, Pettis in 2022 for us went 18/163 (9.1 per return), his best season in the role. For his career he averages just 6.6 per return overall.

Beyond that, 2, 13 and 15 are locks. Scott is pretty close to a lock. Velus is on the team if he continues to excel as a KR IMO. Absent injury I think it’s those 5, plus one of Swain/Pettis with the other likely on the PS.

Could be a guy not here right now too.  

• Like 1

The only 4 I'd be confident in are the guaranteed 3 (Moore, Odunze, Allen) and then Tyler Scott (who could have carved himself a role if he'd just catch the ball when his number is called)

Velus might be useful as a KR.... but he makes as many bad plays as he does good ones.....

I wouldn't be particularly upset losing literally any of the WR beyond the top 3, though.... Scott is the best of the bunch, but he's only shown POTENTIAL to be open, while still actually contributing absolutely nothing. I would unironically take EqSB over all of them right now.

Given Shane Waldon's love of multiple TE sets, I'm actually expecting a move for another TE before another WR though.

6 hours ago, Epyon said:

Given Shane Waldon's love of multiple TE sets, I'm actually expecting a move for another TE before another WR though.

I suppose it depends on how he normally deploys his TE3, doesn’t it? I’m sure that info is out there but I haven’t seen it. If they’re usually a lead blocker then Blasingame can fill that role. If they’re usually an additional inline player then Blasingame doesn’t make much sense. He’s never kept a FB as OC, but at the same time if they don’t see a role for Blasingame they probably would’ve let him go find a better opportunity elsewhere by now - Poles’ MO has been to allow guys to seek other opportunities elsewhere sooner than later in such situations.

Agree with you that I don’t see another WR add happening at this point though outside of a key player injury.