TAPT Version 71.0 Kent Branstetter never votes for an incumbent

Anyone belong to that Cursed AI group on Facebook? Someone made a series of pictures with "Aaron Rodgers Ayhuasca quest" as the prompt; looks like Jake Gyllenhaal with a beard and war paint all over him. Hilarious.

2 hours ago, incognito_man said:

We need to ignore all the Old Guys. 

All of it is rough content.

Like this is an election where people made their choice for who to vote for in 2015, and no one is persuadable.  So there's absolutely no reason to watch any of the coverage.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Like this is an election where people made their choice for who to vote for in 2015, and no one is persuadable.  So there's absolutely no reason to watch any of the coverage.

Correct.

frickin alternator on my car died yesterday.  I had an appointment to get it checked on Tuesday, so it wasn't a complete surprise.  Probably shouldn't have pushed it, but I did.  

So how was your weekend?  

Fun game for everybody to play with the Bears fans in their lives tomorrow.

Text or say to them: "I can't believe it's 2025 already!"......

When they inevitably respond confused with "It's still 2024. ".....

Respond "Oh no, not the year. That's the number of days since the Bears last beat the Packers."

• Like 4

I am convinced that the only good thing on radio anymore is live baseball.  Maybe football, if the announcer is good.

I have a dealership car for when my car is in the shop.  I don't want to mess with hooking my phone up to the new car because I am (hopefully) only using it for a day or two.  On my 20ish minute commute to work, I flip to the local alt-rock station.  They usually played some harder radio rock, occasionally they throw in a Tool song.  Instead I get 10 minutes of commercials.  Then out of commercial break, I get this guy doing a talk show that sounds like a wish.com version of Mancow (who always sucked anyway) doing a whacky morning zoo type show. 

WTF happened? 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I am convinced that the only good thing on radio anymore is live baseball.  Maybe football, if the announcer is good.

I have a dealership car for when my car is in the shop.  I don't want to mess with hooking my phone up to the new car because I am (hopefully) only using it for a day or two.  On my 20ish minute commute to work, I flip to the local alt-rock station.  They usually played some harder radio rock, occasionally they throw in a Tool song.  Instead I get 10 minutes of commercials.  Then out of commercial break, I get this guy doing a talk show that sounds like a wish.com version of Mancow (who always sucked anyway) doing a whacky morning zoo type show. 

WTF happened? 

Same thing that happened to MTV. People consume news and radio a lot differently now. The internet has changed everything. You don't need to listen to some dumb radio jocks who thinks you care how drunk they were last night. They occasionally will play a few songs. 

People have their own play lists they can listen to non-stop whenever they want. The former businesses who used to provide those things are struggling to find ways to keep an audience and thus, their jobs. 

Other than local news on TV, do we really need the rest of that junk when we can find it for ourselves? When I speak of local news, other than the weather reports. Those ****ers are never right anyway. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Same thing that happened to MTV. People consume news and radio a lot differently now. The internet has changed everything. You don't need to listen to some dumb radio jocks who thinks you care how drunk they were last night. They occasionally will play a few songs. 

People have their own play lists they can listen to non-stop whenever they want. The former businesses who used to provide those things are struggling to find ways to keep an audience and thus, their jobs. 

Other than local news on TV, do we really need the rest of that junk when we can find it for ourselves? When I speak of local news, other than the weather reports. Those ****ers are never right anyway. 

Why are you assuming I need the local news?

16 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

I had a commute of about an hour for years.  Radio was a lost cause, and any playlist will eventually lose its appeal.  Audio books were a life saver.

I haven’t gone that route yet but know so many people that have, I will have to give them a shot sometime soon.

22 hours ago, Old Guy said:

This was an excellent riff. As one of the few other posters here born in the 50s, as I assume you were, I approve of the contemporary edginess you bring to boomer takes.

I found a light jazz station on my way to pick up my car.  I hate jazz.  But at least it was music.  

As for MTV, I really miss the music video blocks.  It was even more fun real late at night when there was no rhyme or reason to the playlist, so you would get DMX followed by Hammerfall.  It was a pre-internet way to discover bands that I would not normally be exposed to.  But at some point it became the Bam Margera and Rob Drydick channel, and IMO that was unwatchable.  I really don't like the "reality tv" direction entertainment has taken since about 2000.  

• Like 3

15 hours ago, TheGreatZepp said:

I haven’t gone that route yet but know so many people that have, I will have to give them a shot sometime soon.

In addition to audio books, these days there are many excellent podcasts/audio dramas out there to occupy the commute time.

• Like 1