Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 28 - Offseason)

19 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I'm going to try to get it up tomorrow but if yall want to work together to clean up the Remaining Players list, it would be appreciated (I set it up so that anyone should be able to edit it realtime):
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1h63b6sq_bG4JwduMP3k6WUC8GxNYabx5ZaX0souc_So/edit?usp=sharing

I already removed keepers & did some basic sorting, but its still (As always) a rather large task. I know you and @TL-TwoWinsAway helped with this before, but what I need is:

• Moving FA players who are on a team to the appropriate team (moving them up to the end of that team's other players of that position).
    • Try to keep the team order consistent even if no players are currently listed for that team at the position (due to those players being keepers). Look at another position to determine where that team's players should be sorted.
    • FAs should be sorted alphabetically (but its not important that players on a team are sorted).
  • Removal of retired/irrelevant FA players.
    • If you encounter a player on the list who has officially retired or hasn't made any effort to try out or play professional football (even if not in the NFL) in > 2 real life years, let me know so I can purge them permanently.
    • Irrelevant meaning NOT on an NFL roster and either extremely unlikely to be drafted or effectively retired.
    • Please don't waste your time looking up every player on the list as it would take forever (eyeballing it is fine), only ones you're uncertain about.
  • Move players to their actual position if listed in the wrong section.
    • Most of these will be listed under Fullback (mostly TEs but potentially a RB or two), as I stuck them in that roster spot on the NFL team file for teams that lack an actual Fullback.
    • I wouldn't bother swapping OL/edge/3-4 DLs/4-3 LBs unless its really inappropriate (let me know).
  • I never do this but if someone wanted to trim the "Other Coaches" list, that might also be helpful.
    • Unlike players, college coaches are fine & I'm way more lax allowing "effectively retired" coaches. So only remove extremely irrelevant and actually retired coaches (or dead coaches, which has happened from time to time lol). Again let me know about the ones I should purge.

...I think that's everything. Thanks to anyone who wants to help and lmk if you have any questions.

Updated the instruction notes

Just now, adamq said:

Changed-

Isaiah Spiller (LAC)
James Robinson (NO

Hasty (NE)

Jeff Wilson Miami

Jerome Ford Cleveland 

Nwangu Minn

Otherwise RB looks fine

Also moved a bunch of TEs from FB

you don't need to create a list of all the players in the FA that you moved to their team (as most of them are there because there's a limit to my team file structure).

Players you remove due to being officially retired id like to know about, though. thanks!

• Like 1

Just now, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

@adamq If you want to keep doing that stuff, I can focus on removing FAs that should no longer be available.

I'll be useless when it comes to OL and most defensive guys in terms of just recognizing who plays where right now, but I can handle qb/rb/fb/wr/te

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, adamq said:

I'll be useless when it comes to OL and most defensive guys in terms of just recognizing who plays where right now, but I can handle qb/rb/fb/wr/te

also please keep the players of each position sorted by their team. I see a lot of Tes unsorted at the start.

And the RBs you changed are still where they were rather than moved to the rest of their team

• Like 1

Ok QB through TE is updated but I mostly just created more work for you in the future 😂.. the likes of Andy Isabella and Trent Sherfield probably won't make it to their final 53

I did find a few (possibly) relevant RBs and KR types at WR, and some TEs that were off too 👍

Edited by adamq

39 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Such as?

Guys like nwangu, Calvin austin, gunner Olszewski, deandre carter, Issac gurrendo.. fairly irrelevant but will probably return a ton of kicks this season with the new rules. Jatavion Sanders was a FA.. Spencer rattler.. some others. nothing major 

They were all just listed as FA 

Edited by adamq
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, adamq said:

Guys like nwangu, Calvin austin, gunner Olszewski, deandre carter, Issac gurrendo.. fairly irrelevant but will probably return a ton of kicks this season with the new rules. Jatavion Sanders was a FA.. Spencer rattler.. some others. nothing major 

Oh... KR doesnt need its own category if thats what you mean. Keep them listed as that position