Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 28 - Week 15 Posted)

12 minutes ago, LAOJoe said:

I would recommend focusing on Mixon if you want the random jersey collector Hornets fan to buy one.

Gotta get all of our mixons jerseys on the market while we can!

(Trade block spoiler)

• Like 1

These rankings are hard. I'm only 6 in. I'd like to think we all look worse as a whole at the top but that's because we are in an even season and the data is clearer and spread out the talent more during the draft.

Edited by LAOJoe

It's at top 10 now, and as expected the top 7 are all considered to have taken some type of step back as talent got distributed but the next 3 and surely more are considered to be improved.

Preseason Power Rankings:

1. Little Rock Uni Royals - The Champs are here to run it back after returning practically everybody on defense. The question will be if the offense outside the QB and OLine will be able to perform at as high of a level as last year's team.

2. Rio de Janeiro Pirates - An offense with Mahomes, Chubb, Kittle and Hill is always going to be a favourite and they bring back many strong defenders. The questions here are if the new faces are an improvement, especially on D where they allowed the most yards out of anybody last season, and if they can propel the Pirates to the Taco Bowl after years of playoff disappointments.

3. Indianapolis Predators - The Salsa Champs are back strong. If Courtland Sutton and Randy Gregory can decently fill big holes left by Amari Cooper and Alex Highsmith then there is no reason not to expect another run by the Predators.

4. Hamilton Hornets - The Hornets lost on the road to the champs in the playoffs and they come back retooled. The offensive line despite losing many big names has supposedly improved and as a whole the defense appears to be roughly the same quality. The question is if dealing Ja'Marr Chase and losing one of the better TEs is going to sting them in their own butts or if they can do well enough with Jimmy Graham and all the old boys while next gen Harrrison gets his reps.

5. Freiburg Venom - Freiburg brings back most of their defense but the question is if their offense is going to be alright. Their running game will probably be fine with Pollard replacing Henry and their WRs could be just as good or better but their OLine is their main concern.

6. Reykjavik Direwolves - The Direwolves defense looks stronger than last season but their offense looks slightly weaker at WR and much weaker at RB. Is Lamar going to have to do even more than last year when he won MVP?

7. Tombstone Outlaws - Despite generally being known for being a very defensive team, they were actually one of the offensive powers last season and they return a similarly powered unit outside of possibly only having 2 capable WRs. You can never count this weird team out though and if the front 7 can hold up then expect them to be in poll position to secure another Green Division title.

8. Cambodia Humanoids - This team finished strong last season and they arguably improved on offense. Derek Carr was a steal and with the much improved WRs corps there is potential for this offense to take off. They got the yardage last time but not the points. This team will go as far as Carr takes them. The defense also looks more experienced and solid than last season. With all this praise you'd think they'd be higher but Carr is still a bit of an unknown as far as consistency goes and all the teams above were elite teams, or very close to it.

9. Tokyo Shoguns - We finally break the pattern of following last year's final rankings. It was a coincidence. The disgraced Samurai who broke the Bushido code in their tanking efforts last season have manoeuvred themselves into a position of power and look to embody what it is to truly become Shoguns. Burrow, Hall, Swift, Hockenson, Johnson, Hargrave and their offensive tackles are all huge upgrades to who they had last season. That's 4 of the 5 Blue Division teams in the top 9. Is Blue Division once again best division?

10. New Zealand Blobfish - There may be some questions on defense but those are the same questionable places from last season and they were one of the best defensive teams in the league. There are bigger questions at OLine but the huge improvements come at RB and possibly TE. The Blobfish were one of the better rushing teams last season but while Hunt was okay, most of that was from Hurts. Now they have Barkley to add to that and I'm feeling that, along with a solid D is the push they need to get back into top contender status. That's 10 teams with that status. There are still more contenders but for now they are considered a step back of the top 10.

11. Phoenix Rubber Ducks - The Ducks are a tough team to quack, I mean crack. On one hand they did decently on offense last season and gained Ja'Marr Chase, but on the other they got much worse at RB and it's difficult to tell if their leaky defence has improved or not. Assuming they transition to a more pass-oriented squad, I've got them knocking at the door of the top 10 as a contender.

12. Cincinnati Buffleheads - With a competent QB there is an expectation for a drastic improvement from a team that had a poor offense last season, although the quality of the OLine as a whole is still a concern. They had a decent defense last season and an improved DLine should instill some confidence.

13. Anchorage Quill Pigs - Their problem last season was converting drives into points. They are hoping an improved offensive line and running back depth will help them find some consistency on offense and get them back into contention. This is where my true contenders end.

14. Hanoi Viet Kongs - This is as high as I can put a team starting a rookie QB in the rankings. They had promise had they stayed aboard with the S.S. Joe Burrow, but hey, when life gives you a boat, trade it in for a chance at another one.

15. Lake Minnewanka Ice Orcas - While I'm not a fan of Geno Smith in the sim he should put up better results than Richardson last season. Himself, Henry, Njoku and supposedly an improved OLine should help this team get the points they were missing. I don't know if they area actually better than the next few teams but they have among the highest potential to find new points.

16. Okoboji Ents - They were on the cusp of making the playoffs until the final couple weeks. They haven't suddenly become a poor team but they are a 7-win team that seemed to lose a bit of talent everywhere on offense outside of possibly the OLine. The defense may be slightly improved but it's hard to gauge. It's seems a little criminal to put them this low but they are closer tot eh teams above them than below. The next team has the same issues but it's more extreme.

17. Burlington Sock Puppets - The Sock Puppets stayed roughly the same quality on offense but their elite defense actually seemed to improve. The problem is that little something they needed to be competitive was missing from the offensive side of the ball and they'll need something to really click to find it.

18. Lancaster Fighting Amish - They did well last season but they have entered a partial rebuild mode and they should lose just enough consistency for tight games to go against them instead of for them, unlike last season.

19. Egypt Starfalls -  The QB swap seemed like a lateral move, for this season at least, but the RBs and WR corps have improved. The OLine is looking to be shaky though, while the defense has lost some key pieces. If their line can hold up and their D stays great they have a chance to compete, but right now I am not optimistic.

20. Wattsville Waste Walruses - I honestly don't think they look that bad on paper but this team is very similar to the team that struggled last season and it's also apparent that they are planning to play tag games to focus on future seasons. They won't actively try to tank (they don't own any of their top 5 picks) but this roster won't instill any confidence until they start having results. This is one team that with a little luck, if they figure out their gameplan and make the right moves, could become competitive. Having guys like Dak, Jacobs and St. Brown will do that. They just need to do a little more on offense and a decent amount more on defense.

Edited by LAOJoe
  • Like 7

GOTW
 Reykjavík Direwolves @ Little Rock Uni Royals (TNF - Opener)

National TV:
 Cambodia Humanoids @ Hamilton Hornets (SNF)
 Freiburg Venom @ Tokyo Shoguns (Sunday Late)
 Indianapolis Predators @ New Zealand Blobfish (Sunday Early)
 Phoenix Rubber Ducks @ Rio de Janeiro Pirates (MNF)

Rest of WEEK 1 (Tue, July 30)

Wattsville Waste Walruses @ Hanoi Viet Kongs
 Egypt Starfalls @ Lake Minnewanka Ice Orcas
 Burlington Sock Puppets @ Anchorage Quill Pigs
 Lancaster Fighting Amish @ Cincinnati Buffleheads
 Tombstone Outlaws @ Okoboji Ents

• Like 4

1 minute ago, adamq said:

In a sim like this i see very little difference between davante adams/kupp and kupp/thielen, but I could be wrong

Davante Adams [16 GS]: 76 receptions for 996 yards (13.11 YPR, 29 LNG), 8 touchdowns, 1 drop, 1 fumble.
Cooper Kupp [16 GS]: 82 receptions for 1,081 yards (13.18 YPR, 51 LNG), 4 touchdowns, 3 drops.

Cooper Kupp [16 GS]: 82 receptions for 1,081 yards (13.18 YPR, 51 LNG), 4 touchdowns, 3 drops.
Adam Thielen [16 GS]: 85 receptions for 996 yards (11.72 YPR, 36 LNG), 4 touchdowns, 1 drop.

The difference between Adams and Thielen is massive.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, adamq said:

In a sim like this i see very little difference between davante adams/kupp and kupp/thielen, but I could be wrong

Guess it all depends on your opinion of the players.

But essentially you’re saying Thielen = Adams, which can be debated 

13 minutes ago, Glen said:

Guess it all depends on your opinion of the players.

But essentially you’re saying Thielen = Adams, which can be debated 

Kupp is taking the Adams role so his numbers should look better, he was just shy on TDs compared to Adams.. Theilen takes the WR2 job, which it looks like he had last season as well.. a small downgrade but Freiermuth>Engram should make up for that. Theoretically 

• Like 1

I went 8-8 last year. I upgraded most positions. Have the best Corner duo. I dunno. I had some incredibly bad luck in some aweful unlucky losses. I can’t see it repeating specially with a monster run game., im probably going to play Hasson the whole year at DE.. you’re going to have to kill me. 

13 minutes ago, adamq said:

@El Ramster let's make a deal, ill give you Kupp and Will Levis

lol sounds like a Justin Bieber concert 

• Like 2