Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 28 - Week 15 Posted)

Just now, RuskieTitan said:

It's easier to build a strong offensive game with a running back and offensive line than a passing attack, which requires QB, receiving targets, and offensive line.

I thought that for a while, then wanted to punch myself in the face every single time my mediocre QB did something mediocrely.

I've determined that you need both: that a weakness on either side will inevitably hold you back. I think you need at least a top 10 QB, a quality running game, a few elite assets somewhere along the offense and an above-average defense (at the very least) to make any sort of push.

1 minute ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

I guess I'd rather make a good pick in the wrong thread than a bad pick in the right thread.

... right?

1 minute ago, Glen said:

Wrong thread my guy

2 minutes ago, ravens5520 said:

Good pick wrong thread

Sorry guys been so busy smashing lately. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

I thought that for a while, then wanted to punch myself in the face every single time my mediocre QB did something mediocrely.

I've determined that you need both: that a weakness on either side will inevitably hold you back. I think you need at least a top 10 QB, a quality running game, a few elite assets somewhere along the offense and an above-average defense (at the very least) to make any sort of push.

Cam Newton: 9/20 (45.00%, 57.50 Rating) for 106 yards, 1 touchdown, 1 interception. 4 rushes for 14 yards (3.50 YPC, 9 LNG). 0 touchdowns.

Cam Newton: 14/21 (66.67%, 86.21 Rating) for 164 yards, 1 touchdown, 1 interception. 6 carries for 25 yards (4.17 YPC, 10 LNG), 0 touchdowns.

That is a two time champion's performance in the big game.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

I think a good secondary is more valuable than a good front 7.

CB > Edges > Interior > Safeties > Linebackers is typically how I view importance.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RuskieTitan said:

Cam Newton: 9/20 (45.00%, 57.50 Rating) for 106 yards, 1 touchdown, 1 interception. 4 rushes for 14 yards (3.50 YPC, 9 LNG). 0 touchdowns.

Cam Newton: 14/21 (66.67%, 86.21 Rating) for 164 yards, 1 touchdown, 1 interception. 6 carries for 25 yards (4.17 YPC, 10 LNG), 0 touchdowns.

That is a two time champion's performance in the big game.

I sort of hate this argument.

You can, of course, win with anyone at QB (I won with Kyler). A stacked team can overcome some of those deficiencies, just as an elite QB can overcome other deficiencies. If we're talking roster construction, I think you need to have both a decent QB and a decent running game to give yourself a legitimate shot.

7 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

I think a good secondary is more valuable than a good front 7.

CB > Edges > Interior > Safeties > Linebackers is typically how I view importance.

I invert Edges and CBs from the above list, but I probably agree otherwise.

1 minute ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

I sort of hate this argument.

You can, of course, win with anyone at QB (I won with Kyler). A stacked team can overcome some of those deficiencies, just as an elite QB can overcome other deficiencies. If we're talking roster construction, I think you need to have both a decent QB and a decent running game to give yourself a legitimate shot.

Yeah that's fair. During the season Newton didn't really dominate much through the air, but the ground attack with him and CJ made us dominate for a couple of seasons. Carr was my stop-gap for a bit until I drafted Mahomes.

Balance is of course key, but just from a logistics perspective, easier and quicker to build up a dominating rushing attack than a dominating passing attack. And easier to retain, too.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Yeah that's fair. During the season Newton didn't really dominate much through the air, but the ground attack with him and CJ made us dominate for a couple of seasons. Carr was my stop-gap for a bit until I drafted Mahomes.

Balance is of course key, but just from a logistics perspective, easier and quicker to build up a dominating rushing attack than a dominating passing attack. And easier to retain, too.

That was my exact mentality when I moved away from Rodgers. It's certainly easier, but a mediocre QB will hold you back. (This is an obvious statement.)

5 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

That was my exact mentality when I moved away from Rodgers. It's certainly easier, but a mediocre QB will hold you back. (This is an obvious statement.)

Meh, I view QBs and HBs that are elite as franchise cornerstones that should not be moved if you aren't getting one at the same tier back.

6 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Meh, I view QBs and HBs that are elite as franchise cornerstones that should not be moved if you aren't getting one at the same tier back.

Although I probably agree, getting a haul can often put a team over the top. I truly believe that getting what I got for Micah Parsons is what enabled me to win it in S25, even though I didn't get a player of his caliber.

1 minute ago, LAOJoe said:

Pick otc is for sale on a trade back until I decide on my player.

Give ya my pick for it