Offseason Thread: DeRozan to the Kings!

11sanchez11

7 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

I still think Moody can be a good player. He does well when given consistent minutes. Kerr just refuses to keep him in the rotation, and his progression has stalled. I thought losing Klay would finally give him a more consistent role, but then they signed Melton and Anderson.

#FreeMoody

I agree on Moody. I don't know if I catch him on the right nights, but he seems to play well whenever I watch him.

6 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Welp, no MLE for the Lakers anymore. I still think there are some players out there who'd be worth it, but I guess the players weren't interested or LeBron didn't deem them worthy of a pay cut.

The deal doesn't look finalized yet, according to Woj.

But man, Lebron forcing the Lakers into 2nd apron..

7 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Welp, no MLE for the Lakers anymore. I still think there are some players out there who'd be worth it, but I guess the players weren't interested or LeBron didn't deem them worthy of a pay cut.

I mean, it was always unlikely they'd get the full MLE to spend.  I mean, I wouldn't say the guys that were reported that LeBron was willing to take a paycut for were realistic outside of Jonas V.  James Harden wasn't going to accept the MLE, because he knew the Clippers' weren't going to let him walk and Klay Thompson turned down a bigger contract to go to Dallas.  The only real question would they be able to stay below the 2nd apron so they could spend the tMLE, but that'd probably be in the form of a salary dump to another team.

19 hours ago, Jeezla said:

I don't think Spurs will get Lauri, but CP3/Vassell/Lauri/anybody/Wemby would be a fun starting 5.
Hopefully CP3 helps Castle progress as much as he helped Shai.
Spurs need to package up Tre Jones/Sochan/Keldon for a decent 3nD guy. Emphasis on the 3 over the D, but they need both.
Hopefully Atlanta gives us a top 5 pick. Will be rooting for them to fail. Don't need Flagg or Ace or Traore or Harper, but give me Demin or Hugo or someone who can shoot lights out.

this dude has wemby on his team and has the audacity to talk about “fun lineups”

read the room

• Like 1

4 hours ago, General Tso said:

He didn't force them. Looks like he's willing to take a slight cut to keep LA below the 2nd apron though.

3 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I mean, it was always unlikely they'd get the full MLE to spend.  I mean, I wouldn't say the guys that were reported that LeBron was willing to take a paycut for were realistic outside of Jonas V.  James Harden wasn't going to accept the MLE, because he knew the Clippers' weren't going to let him walk and Klay Thompson turned down a bigger contract to go to Dallas.  The only real question would they be able to stay below the 2nd apron so they could spend the tMLE, but that'd probably be in the form of a salary dump to another team.

There are decent players still out there worth the MLE, but not good enough I guess for LeBron to take a $20 million bath. Can't really blame him, though. Does Gary Trent, Jr. or Tyus Jones really push them into the contender status that would be worth taking $20 million less? Not in my opinion.

50 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

He didn't force them. Looks like he's willing to take a slight cut to keep LA below the 2nd apron though.

There are decent players still out there worth the MLE, but not good enough I guess for LeBron to take a $20 million bath. Can't really blame him, though. Does Gary Trent, Jr. or Tyus Jones really push them into the contender status that would be worth taking $20 million less? Not in my opinion.

All he needs to do is take a 1M paycut to keep them out of the 2nd apron. Is he obstinate enough to not do that

Posted (edited)

Random thought 💭 doubt the Jazz would want Kuminga. They would have to pay him after this season. Just don’t think they would want to deal with that. Think the Warriors can get this deal done with Podz,Moody/GP and some first round picks. Maybe even Loony as well. Warriors can then move Kuminga elsewhere or Wiggins to improve the roster as well. 

Lacob just has to let go of those first round picks: that’s what D. Ainge wants maybe even have to make them unprotected as well

Edited by agarcia34
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Random thought 💭 doubt the Jazz would want Kuminga. They would have to pay him after this season. Just don’t think they would want to deal with that. Think the Warriors can get this deal done with Podz,Moody/GP and some first round picks. Maybe even Loony as well. Warriors can then move Kuminga elsewhere or Wiggins to improve the roster as well. 

Lacob just has to let go of those first round picks: that’s what D. Ainge wants maybe even have to make them unprotected as well

The Warriors can only trade two 1st rd picks so Kuminga would have to be in the deal.  Plus it’s Ainge who’s the most stubborn GM around.  My guess is they extend him before the season and figure it out later.  The Jazz aren’t paying anyone going forward anyway. 

On 7/3/2024 at 12:21 AM, MKnight82 said:

They haven’t shown any willingness to trade the future. They did that whole 2 generations on the roster thing that blew up in their faces. Wiseman was a disaster of a pick, Moody is pretty worthless and although Kuminga shows potential he isn’t ready to contribute to a real contender. They screwed up badly holding onto those picks and not trading them for veteran players. They could have been competitive for much longer. 

It's easy to say these things with the benefit of hindsight. What were they supposed to do? Trade Wiseman after his rookie season? Nobody was giving up a haul for that pick when the draft class was as weak as it was. None of what you said changes the fact that when they had an opportunity to swap youth for vets and make another title push they did.

16 hours ago, General Tso said:

They can afford it. The last thing the Lakers need to worry about is lack of cash flow.

11 hours ago, DirtyDez said:

The Warriors can only trade two 1st rd picks so Kuminga would have to be in the deal.  Plus it’s Ainge who’s the most stubborn GM around.  My guess is they extend him before the season and figure it out later.  The Jazz aren’t paying anyone going forward anyway. 

They can trade pick swaps. Which might still be more appealing than FRP from the Spurs

Posted (edited)
On 7/3/2024 at 3:57 AM, seminoles1 said:

I still think Moody can be a good player. He does well when given consistent minutes. Kerr just refuses to keep him in the rotation, and his progression has stalled. I thought losing Klay would finally give him a more consistent role, but then they signed Melton and Anderson.

#FreeMoody

Moody is a 3&D wing with slow feet who was shooting 32% from 3 for most of last year (until he caught on fire at the end).  He can't even really dribble with his left hand.  He was an awful pick in an extremely talented draft. 

Edited by WhyAmIHere