Offseason Thread: DeRozan to the Kings!

11sanchez11

13 hours ago, WhyAmIHere said:

Moody is a 3&D wing with slow feet who was shooting 32% from 3 for most of last year (until he caught on fire at the end).  He can't even really dribble with his left hand.  He was an awful pick in an extremely talented draft. 

Kerr handled him and Kuminga wrong.  He honestly need a change of scenery.  He is still 22. 

13 hours ago, WhyAmIHere said:

Moody is a 3&D wing with slow feet who was shooting 32% from 3 for most of last year (until he caught on fire at the end).  He can't even really dribble with his left hand.  He was an awful pick in an extremely talented draft. 

I mean, that's not really true about the shooting. He was at 35% through the All-Star break. He's a streaky shooter, and it's hard to get a rhythm when you're in and out of the lineup. His month by month 3P% was:

October: 41%

November: 36%

December: 25%

January: 53% (only 3 games though)

February: 29%

March: 36%

April: 46%

In all 3 seasons, he's shot 36%. I don't think he'll ever be an elite shooter, but he's got the ability to be an above-average 3P shooter and has shown it in spurts. He needs consistency, and the Warriors won't give it to him. He got at least 20 minutes in 25 games last season, and shot 42% from 3 in those games.

On 7/4/2024 at 2:01 PM, Kingram said:

Lauri going to be a Pelican. 

IMG-5443.png

That's an LOL bad offer.  Pelicans aren't turning Ingram and 2 FRPs into Lauri.  And Kings aren't trading 3 FRPs for Ingram.

55 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

That's an LOL bad offer.  Pelicans aren't turning Ingram and 2 FRPs into Lauri.  And Kings aren't trading 3 FRPs for Ingram.

Lauri for 5 firsts seems very fair lol

3 firsts for BI also seems pretty fair, especially when they’ll be very late

Throw protections on them idc

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, Kingram said:

It isn't Lauri for 5, you are also getting Walker. Idc if he is perceived to have bad value, you know Ainge wants a first for him alone. BI's value is also low right now.

Edited by General Tso

37 minutes ago, Kingram said:

You can't simultaneously argue that the Kings' picks aren't very valuable because they'll be late, but argue they're valuable to Utah.  And I sincerely doubt that Sacramento is interested in dealing 3 FRPs to turn Harrison Barnes into Brandon Ingram even if they think those picks are going to be late.

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

You can't simultaneously argue that the Kings' picks aren't very valuable because they'll be late, but argue they're valuable to Utah.  And I sincerely doubt that Sacramento is interested in dealing 3 FRPs to turn Harrison Barnes into Brandon Ingram even if they think those picks are going to be late.

Kings are desperate with Fox saying he might not sign an extension, but looks like they’re going to target Derozan. 

Regardless, hysterical to pretend that 5 firsts isn’t a good haul for Lauri Markannen on a one year deal. I’m not sure why people think he has this insane trade value. He’s going to walk if Utah doesn’t trade him lol 

11 minutes ago, Kingram said:

Kings are desperate with Fox saying he might not sign an extension, but looks like they’re going to target Derozan. 

Regardless, hysterical to pretend that 5 firsts isn’t a good haul for Lauri Markannen on a one year deal. I’m not sure why people think he has this insane trade value. He’s going to walk if Utah doesn’t trade him lol 

Your ENTIRE offer is based around the premise that the Jazz are better off with a BUNCH of mediocre picks.  There's no quality picks in there.  There's no quality prospects in there.  You're pretty much trying to overload them with the sheer quantity of picks rather than quality of picks.  And I'd be hesitant to assume it's a foregone conclusion he walks.  Other than Dwight Howard, how many players have walked for less guaranteed money?

11 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Your ENTIRE offer is based around the premise that the Jazz are better off with a BUNCH of mediocre picks.  There's no quality picks in there.  There's no quality prospects in there.  You're pretty much trying to overload them with the sheer quantity of picks rather than quality of picks.  And I'd be hesitant to assume it's a foregone conclusion he walks.  Other than Dwight Howard, how many players have walked for less guaranteed money?

Bridges got traded for a bunch of “mediocre picks”. I’m not sure why you think Lauri should go for more than Bridges, but sure man. 

1 hour ago, Kingram said:

Bridges got traded for a bunch of “mediocre picks”. I’m not sure why you think Lauri should go for more than Bridges, but sure man. 

Bridges got exposed this year as the "man".  Don't get me wrong, he was still valuable but the Nets didn't trade him when his value was the highest.  That would have been last year.  And unless you think Lauri is going to pass up more money to sign elsewhere (spoiler alert, I don't), he's not a rental.   But again, let's look at your proposal and compare it to what the Nets got.

Nets Received:
'25 FRP
'25 FRP (via MIL)
'25 SRP (Returned)
'27 FRP
'28 FRP (Pick Swap)
'29 FRP
'31 FRP

Jaz Received:
'26 FRP (via NO/MIL, More Favorable)
'27 FRP (via SAC)
'29 FRP (via SAC)
'29 FRP (via NO)
'31 FRP (via SAC)

Let's call that '25 MIL FRP and the '26 NO/MIL FRP a wash even though I'd say the '25 pick is slightly more valuable since it is a year earlier, but let's call it a wash.  The Nets received TWO additional FRPs that convey in the next drafts, the Jazz receive ONE.  Add on the additional pick swap, and Bridges' package is quite a bit better and I'd argue that Lauri is more valuable than Bridges unless you're concerned that Lauri is going to walk.  And that's not even getting into the fact that I think there's 0% chance the Kings attach 3 unprotected FRPs to Harrison Barnes to turn him into Brandon Ingram.

Lauri will go for more the Bridges. I do think he’s a better player of the two. Also it’s the Danny Ainge effect as well. He knows teams are desperate. He knows he holds all the cards. He knows he doesn’t have to trade Lauri. By all reports show Lauri is happy in Utah. You’re gonna pay a hefty tax with Lauri. 

If a trade doesn’t get done by the time summer league ends. I don’t think we will see one this offseason.