Worst movie you've ever seen?

JonStark

Posted (edited)

If you watched Watchmen with no preconceived notions and then came away with "it freaking sucked" that's entirely a "you problem." The movie has a 7.6 IMDB rating, 65% tomato meter and a 71% audience score on RT. So basically a universally agreed upon good movie. Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar from "the worst movie ever." 

Edited by beekay414

On 7/5/2024 at 8:25 PM, Ozzy said:

Watchmen:  Another what the hell movie, barely recall anything about it what so ever.  

I think he was probably on his phone the whole time and didnt pay attention

16 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

If you watched Watchmen with no preconceived notions and then came away with "it freaking sucked" that's entirely a "you problem." The movie has a 7.6 IMDB rating, 65% tomato meter and a 71% audience score on RT. So basically a universally agreed upon good movie. Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar from "the worst movie ever." 

You are right for the wrong reasons

Jungle book remake got like a 94% on rotten tomatoes but it was boring as hell and so formula

Watchmen tried some interesting ideas and at the very least, youd come out of it remembering something about it. Thats why ozzys post reeked of disingeniouness

3 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

Jungle book remake got like a 94% on rotten tomatoes but it was boring as hell and so formula

Eh, wrong type of movie to use as an example. Early Disney live action remakes were always going to score high for nostalgia reason alone. 

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Eh, wrong type of movie to use as an example. Early Disney live action remakes were always going to score high for nostalgia reason alone. 

Thats my personal worst movie i had ever sat through the whole thing, but taking ratings aside, how are there not at least memorable moments?

Just now, Malfatron said:

Thats my personal worst movie i had ever sat through the whole thing, but taking ratings aside, how are there not at least memorable moments?

It's the Jungle Book. A literally live scene by scene remake of a cartoon.

Just now, Malfatron said:

It ******* sucked

It's literally the same exact movie as the classic cartoon minus the spirit. I think that's what's lacking with the live action remakes. 

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

It's literally the same exact movie as the classic cartoon minus the spirit. I think that's what's lacking with the live action remakes. 

If i had to be subjected to the original jungle book cartoon movie in a theater, i would probably respond similarly.

maybe im just not 8 years old who knows

1 minute ago, Malfatron said:

If i had to be subjected to the original jungle book cartoon movie in a theater, i would probably respond similarly.

maybe im just not 8 years old who knows

Possibly. I don't watch animated movies much myself anymore as an adult so not out of the realm of possibility.

4 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Possibly. I don't watch animated movies much myself anymore as an adult so not out of the realm of possibility.

Watch Scavengers Reign on netflix though

Best animated show in quite some time

Its not an anime if that helps sell it

2 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

Watch Scavengers Reign on netflix though

Best animated show in quite some time

Its not an anime if that helps sell it

I'll watch animated shows like Archer but not many animated movies.

2019 Black Christmas.  The message of that movie is the movie-all men(especially white men) are evil.  Even as a movie, it fails.  No character development(I couldn't tell you the characters names during the movie) twist was beyond obvious.  No suspense or tension.  Only interesting thing is when I recorded this on my DVR, it said it was the original Black Christmas from 1974.  Avoid this movie!! 

• Like 1

On 7/7/2024 at 1:35 AM, beekay414 said:

While not the worst movie of all time, because there are tons of bad movies, Watchmen was a yawn. It had a ton of hype and was a massive disappointment to most audiences. Great book, bad adaptation that never gets deep enough into the storylines despite the run time. Some good performances, overshadowed by a handful of terrible ones. Maybe the fault of awful dialogue. This film was firmly in the middle as you noted (65%/71%) and it shouldn't have been. 

That said, I've not seen a single thing from Zach Snyder I've liked. He's one of the worst film makers running currently. Everything he touches ends up trash. I'll die on that hill. 

22 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

The Power of The Dog

Legit biggest waste of 2 hours of my life. Utterly flabbergasted at the high reviews it has.

I dare someone to go watch that on Netflix

Totally agree, holy **** that movie was awful, it is an insult that film won an Oscar, it is so forgettable and few will watch it ever again if at all.  

6 hours ago, big_palooka said:

While not the worst movie of all time, because there are tons of bad movies, Watchmen was a yawn. It had a ton of hype and was a massive disappointment to most audiences. Great book, bad adaptation that never gets deep enough into the storylines despite the run time. Some good performances, overshadowed by a handful of terrible ones. Maybe the fault of awful dialogue. This film was firmly in the middle as you noted (65%/71%) and it shouldn't have been. 

That said, I've not seen a single thing from Zach Snyder I've liked. He's one of the worst film makers running currently. Everything he touches ends up trash. I'll die on that hill. 

Totally agree, and yeah I recall the insane hype and advertising for that film before it came out, as if it was going to be this once in a life time classic film, yeah no.  And there is a point in saying, yes some movies are awful and really it is not even worth a discussion, but a movie with that much attention and hype going into it being bad, yeah that is a problem.  Sure people say Waterworld was a big time flop, but honestly that is a way better movie then Watchmen.  There is a point in that yes Scary Movie V is not a great movie but what does not expect, it is a comedy parody film that is supposed to be stupid and cheesy.  So for example saying that is an awful movie, well not really, but a movie as hyped and as suspect as it was in Watchmen, yeah that changes things because it was not supposed to be cheesy and stupid.  Musical score, slow motion and lighting does not change bad storylines and dialogue.

As for Zach Synder, Dawn of the Dead was not terrible and is probably the best film he directed, I would watch that movie all day over Watchmen.  300 was not great sure but again over Watchmen yeah probably.  Sucker Punch was cheesy as can be but again I would watch that all day over Watchmen.  

All of the Justice League, Man of Steel or Dawn of Justice movies Synder made, honestly I have never even watched them because I knew they would probably suck anyway and were not worth watching.  

• Like 2